Art & Art History Program Assistant
The College of New Jersey is searching for a Program Assistant in the Art and Art History Department.
Under the supervision of the Department Chair, Professional Services Specialist 2, or other supervisory officer in the Administrative Services area at The College of New Jersey, the Art & Art History Program Assistant provides professional administrative and clerical support following established policies, procedures, precedents, and guidelines.
Required Education and Experience
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of one year of related professional experience is required; Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience working in a busy academic office.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent ability to read, write, edit, speak, understand, or communicate in English to perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply established law, regulations, policies, procedures, precedents, and guidelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other offices or organizations whose functions impact on assigned responsibilities
- Ability to represent the college at recruitment events and public events
- Ability to gather and compile materials for publication. Ability to assign and monitor the work of other employees.
- Ability to prepare appropriate correspondence.
- Ability to maintain essential records and files.
- Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the College and Office. This includes knowledge of using social media appropriately.
- Administrative Liaison (25%)
- Budget Management (25%)
- Department support (25%)
- Admissions/ Recruitment (25%)
Founded in 1855, TCNJ is a highly selective public institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. TCNJ emphasizes the undergraduate residential experience and offers targeted graduate programs. The College's seven schools - The Arts and Communication; Business; Humanities and Social Sciences; Education; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and Engineering - offer degrees to nearly 6,800 students. The College's distinguished faculty of 348 full-time members provides a 13 to 1 student to faculty ratio, and eighty-five percent of classes have enrollments of 30 or fewer. TCNJ's picturesque campus is located on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing, approximately five miles from New Jersey's state capital of Trenton, and 60 minutes from both Philadelphia and New York City. A 95 percent freshman to sophomore retention rate and a six-year graduation rate of 86 percent speak to the quality of the TCNJ experience.
This is a competitive Civil Service position with the state title, Program Assistant and is included in membership in the Communication Workers of America (CWA) bargaining union. The starting salary for this position is Range 16, step 1, $41,230.15. Salary for an internal candidate will be determined in accordance with Civil Service rules. Submissions received after the civil service response date will only be considered if a suitable candidate has not already been identified. An offer of employment will be contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.