Executive Assistant to the President
The Executive Assistant to the President provides high level administrative support to the President and the Board of Trustees and serves as the first point of contact in the President’s Office. He/she conserves the President’s time and promotes the school image by representing the president internally and externally; providing liaison between the president, key executives, and employees.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Office and clerical functions including but not limited to:
- Answering and directing telephone calls, managing conference calls for the President’s Office and the Board of Trustees
- Greeting visitors
- Distributing weekly Cabinet meeting schedules and recording minutes
- Creating and editing a variety of documents using relevant computer software, including drafting responses and preparing original correspondence on behalf of the President
- Reading and analyzing incoming communication (mail, emails, reports etc) to determine their significance and distribution
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies
- Filing and retrieving corporate documents, records, minutes and reports
- Maintaining records in office/campus database system(s)
- Arrange travel for the President; develop itineraries and agenda; book transportation, arrange lodging and meeting accommodations.
- Oversee and manage the president’s calendar.
- Oversee and coordinate the arrangements for the Board of Trustees biannual meetings as well as assist the Board Chair throughout the year.
- Participate in the coordination of the annual commencement ceremony.
- Assist the External Relations Division with fund raising functions that involve the president’s office.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Manage/maintain confidentiality on all levels
- Self-starter, effectively prioritizes and manages projects
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills.
- Exceptional computer skills
- Work collaboratively with a variety of people from on and off campus.
- Organizational skills – self-motivator, multi-tasking ability, confidence in prioritizing work and decision-making.
- Effective management of projects and events, including Board of Trustees meetings & dinners and other high-level events hosted by President’s Office.
- An understanding of the role of the college president.
- Possess sound judgment and have experience making judgment calls in executive matters.
- Agreement with the college statement of faith and community covenant.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of eight years of related work experience in higher education
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (in addition to the above minimum qualifications):
- 5+ years of administrative experience in Christian higher education
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]