Senior Director, Campus Operations
Chamberlain University has more than 125 years of history preparing extraordinary nursing graduates and healthcare professionals. With a College of Nursing and a College of Health Professions, a growing network of 21 campuses, and robust online offerings, Chamberlain University continues to raise the standard of nursing and healthcare education and advance healthcare outcomes in communities across the country and around the world.
Our Senior Director, Campus Operations provides direction and leadership to multiple campuses in an assigned region which includes effective day to day management, selection and training of campus leadership, directing all implementation activities of new campuses, preparing budgets, reports and monitoring academic and financial performance to ensure delivery of high quality, customer-focused educational value. The Senior Director will also be responsible for driving execution of national programs and goals with partnership of each campus location. The Senior Director leads and promotes a culture that reinforces excellence in learning and care for students and colleagues.
This position will provide leadership for the North Region which includes Illinois locations (Addison, Chicago, Tinley Park), Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, St Louis, and Troy, MI.
- Select and onboard campus leadership, such as Campus Presidents, and ensure that the region is appropriately staffed.
- Ensure financial goals are met by monitoring expense levels, comparing actual budget to plan along with applicable measures to address any variances.
- Provide direction and leadership to various functional areas that support the institution
- Ensure that all activities and operations are carried out in compliance with statutory regulations.
- Serve on national committees.
- Provide ongoing evaluation of campus Standard Operating Procedures to ensure that they are up to date and meet campus needs.
- Assess and direct campus leadership development in the assigned region.
- Plan, develop and lead the set-up, implementation and operation of new locations. This includes the hiring of campus leadership and coordination with other teams.
- For new campuses, ensure that staff is aware of and in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Business Acumen
- Ability to learn and advances Chamberlain University and our mission
- Understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operates in general
- Learns new methods and technologies easily and utilizes technology to advance the business.
- Gets Results
- Can solve even the toughest and most complex of problems
- Great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available and using data to improve practice
- Is a quick study of the new and different
- Adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution, given the situation
- Uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Global Perspective
- Is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation
- Has broad interests and knowledge
- Getting Work Done Through Others
- Manages people well
- Gets the most and best out of the people he/she has
- Sets and communicates guiding goals, measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback
- Delegates and develops, keeps people informed
- Provides coaching for today and for the future.
- Evaluating and Deploying People Accurately
- Reads people accurately and can diagnose strengths, weaknesses, and potential
- Knows what skills are required to fill a job or role and hires the best talent
- Being Organizationally Savvy
- Maneuvers well to get things done
- Politically aware and agile
- Knows what the right thing to do is and presents views and arguments well
- Managing Diverse Relationships
- Relates well to a wide variety of diverse styles and open to differences
- Effective up, down, sideways, inside, and outside
- Quick to find common ground and treats differences fairly and equitably
- Treats everyone as a preferred customer.
- Master's Degree required
- Minimum 10 years management experience with 3-5 years' leading at the senior level
- Multiple or regional campus leadership and/or multiple location experience strongly preferred
- Strong communication and collaboration experience
- Proven experience driving results while collaborating across multiple locations with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to analyze, interoperate and make decisions based on data.
- Ability to excel in a matrix organizational structure
- Ability to travel up to 50%
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.