Director, Admissions Operations & Decision Support
Job Description Summary
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President of Enrollment & Support Services, the Director of Admissions Operations and Decision Support maintains responsibility for managing key day-to-day business processes and data operations, as well as leading and professionally developing the admissions operations and decision support teams within the Marketing and Enrollment Division at University Campus and the Tampa Student Support Center.
In addition to resume, please submit the following application documents for consideration:
1. Cover Letter
2. Recommendation Letter 1
3. Recommendation Letter 2
4. Values Statement*
Please include a values statement (500 words or less) which highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The University Ideal 2017, Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
Duties and Tasks:
- Leadership of admissions operations and decision support teams with corresponding responsibilities including student application/admissions operations and process management, data reporting and analysis, lead inquiry distribution, application processing, prospective student develop reports including both data analysis and documentation reflecting performance of team an opportunities for improvement.
- Oversee the end-to-end admissions application process including all workflow processes as well as initial admissions request decisions for both undergraduate and graduate enrollment.
- Collaborate directly with Saleforce administration within University Technology Services (UTS), as well as the TargetX client relationship manager when issues arise or workflow efficiency can be gained.
- Demonstrate advanced reporting abilities, file maintenance and system administration abilities.
- Provide feedback on consistent application of guidelines and standards of procedure while determining best practices and process enhancements to ensure entire team is focused on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Provide recommendations on departmental policies and procedures to enhance service productivity.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior in working with confidential information.
- Interpret, apply and comply with university as well as federal, state and institutional regulations governing student financial aid; maintain current working knowledge of guidelines/regulations related to financial aid.
- Construct and provide deliverables for special projects as assigned by the Vice President of Marketing and Enrollment.
- Oversee lead management process which includes auditing workforce analytics within student recruitment manager. As well as lead inquiry resources, (distribution/assignment, redistribution/reassignment).
- Ensure through consistent auditing and coaching methods 100% compliance of all accreditation policies.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure that retention, student satisfaction, and revenue objectives are achieved.
- Create and sustain a culture of excellence, community and integrity.
- Assist in providing clear processes to ensure employees have a solid understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance with all Saint Leo policies and all federal, state and accreditation requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university required; preferably with an IT or Finance focus.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college preferred.
- Three or more years of progressive experience in operations with a strong emphasis in advanced data reporting and analysis, preferably with at least 2 years in a higher education management role.
- Expert level knowledge of student management database systems including Salesforce, MS Office including Access and advanced reporting fundamentals required.
- Ellucian Colleague experience preferred.
- Previous administrative experience required.
- Superior oral and written communications skills.
- Superior organizational skills; ability to execute multiple objectives concurrently.
- Ability to engage with a variety of constituents (prospective and current students, alumni, faculty, etc.) from many different cultural backgrounds
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed between University Campus and the Tampa Student Support Center to manage teams in both locations efficiently and effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.