Business Services Professional
This position will assist the Facilities Services, Planning, Design and Construction Business Manager with budget maintenance of multimillion dollar capital construction projects. Assist with smaller University funded construction projects budgets. Assist with creation of state architect's contracts, amendments, change orders and close out documents. Also responsible for procurement, filing, office coverage and support for Executive Director, Campus Architect, and five project managers.
- Assist with management of Capital Construction and Controlled maintenance budget tracking, to include utilizing COGNOS finance system for reports.
- This position will work with and be responsible primarily for small dollar projects which include purchasing as needed utilizing the CU Marketplace system.
- Assist with monthly reconciliations on active projects.
- Assure that files are kept accurately and up to date, including project management file system electronically as well as hard copies for our projects.
- This position will assist with preparation of contracts, change orders and contract amendments and close out documents on construction projects.
- Ensure shadow budgets data entry is matched to the COGNOS reports through careful, accurate review of each entry.
- Resolving any discrepancies in budgets, allocations, reconciliations or other budget related items for projects the position is assigned. This requires great attention to detail.
- Serve as primary reallocator for Planning, Design and Construction Department A-Cards (procurement cards): This includes collecting receipts, reallocating expenses to correct FOPPS, processing necessary statements and forms in a timely and accurate manner.
- Verify anything charged to a construction project is entered in the shadow spreadsheets for financial tracking.
- Creates Purchase Orders (POs) and Standing Purchase Orders (SPOs) on an as needed basis for Planning, Design and Construction Department utilizing CU Marketplace.
- Authorizes renewals and payment on Standing Purchase Orders (SPOs) and prepares SPO reports, including initiating new Purchase Orders (POs) and Standing Purchase Orders (SPOs).
- Originates journal entries as needed to move expenses and/or to collect monies for chargeable work requests.
- Position works with staff and/or vendor to resolve any financial discrepancies or problems.
- Analyzes expenditures as identified and provides information to leadership for review and possible action.
- Work with Leadership regarding budget request.
- Responds to audit requests.
- Individual contributor ensuring that the objectives of the department are met in line with the University's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Assist the Business Manager with documentation for closing projects in a timely manner. This includes working with project managers to assure all close out paperwork is accurate and ready for submission to the Office of the State Architect as required.
- Assist with supporting the Executive Director of Facilities Services and the Campus Architect: this includes utilizing Outlook to help maintain accurate calendars and reminders and providing back up phone lines to assure when a call is received it is answered by a person.
- Will serve as primary - filing documents for the construction projects both electronically and hard copy as needed.
- Schedules appointments, reservations, conference rooms, meetings; makes event arrangements for selection committees (i.e. catering if needed).
- Compiles, types and/or codes reports, memos, forms and correspondence using MSWord, Excel.
- Provides superior customer service in person, over the phone and through written correspondence.
- Establishes and maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with all levels of personnel, the campus community, vendors, other agencies and organizations.
- Establishes and maintains office systems that support records and files maintenance according to established, policies and practices.
- Serve as a backup for Business Mangers days off and vacation.
- Processes travel expense reports for Supervisors/Managers/Directors.
- Maintain and update websites (using Drupal) as needed for PD&C Department.
- Collaborate with team throughout the process to help maintain integrity and efficiency in design and development.
- Provide effective business solutions and solve problems.
- Maintain personal growth through continued education.
- University computer programs: CU Finance system, COGNOS, CU Marketplace, Concur travel and expense system, procurement, card policies, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Windows 10, CU reporting systems.
- High-level understanding of Facilities Services department functional areas, ability to work within the organization with skilled and unskilled personnel and administration.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Independent thinking skills and decision-making abilities in order to obtain a successful outcome.
- Ability to interpret University rules and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Drug Free Workplace
Driver's License Requirement
Salary Range: $43,000.00 to $46,000.00
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Business/Accounting or related field OR A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Two years of technical accounting OR equivalent administrative experience related to the work assignment.
- Three years experience well-developed and professional skills in the areas of general accounting, customer service and office administration.
- Experience in Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Experience with COGNOS, Marketplace, Concur, Peoplesoft and other CU systems.
- Three or more years of equivalent administrative experience.
- Four or more years' experience in general accounting.
- 3 years of Website Development experience
Diversity and Inclusion
Ethics and Integrity
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by Monday, April 30, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire (if applicable)
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or email@example.com. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40093 - VCAF-Planning & Construction
Posting Date: Apr 13, 2018
Closing Date: Apr 30, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Kristy Hignite
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00745101