Administrative Assistant II
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Dermatology, Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine
Administrative Assistant II
Position #728697 - Requisition 13248
The Department of Dermatology, Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified Administrative Assistant II position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for an Administrative Assistant II. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will provide front desk/administrative support to the Department of Dermatology - Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine at Anschutz Medical Campus. This position serves as an accounting clerk, performing various functions related to financial data for the Research Service Manager. Second function includes administrative responsibility for the Gates Summer Internship Program (GSIP), under the direction of the GSIP Directors.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Combines financial data including and monitors procurement activity.
- Assists with accounts reconciliation and data entry.
- Performs general administrative duties to include answering phones, copying, faxing, and disseminating materials.
- Accepts and signs for deliveries, including letters, packages etc. and distributes them.
- Responsible for the coordination of all activities associated to the GSIP including the administrative details regarding the program
- Orders food for lunches, board meeting breakfasts, GSIP seminars etc.
- Arranges faculty travel including coordination and expense management.
- Prepares travel and other types of reimbursement documents.
- Schedules meetings, follows up with planned agendas and books rooms, as appropriate.
- Gathers and organizes meeting materials including agendas and minutes, as appropriate.
- Maintains the database for the GSIP program including creating reports for the directors.
- Provides cross coverage for other support staff.
- Performs other duties in support of the Gates Center as assigned.
- Participating in advertisement of GSIP by contacting Academic Institutions and relevant entities.
- Helps to prepare web and social media content for GSIP.
- Collects intern applications, organizes the files and prepares them for review.
- Conducts orientation to incoming interns.
- Coordinates communications between interns, mentors and GSIP directors.
- Records attendance for GSIP lectures and seminars, conduct seminar surveys and preparation of charts.
- Assists with GSIP end-of-program activities.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Two (2) years of general clerical experience.
Substitution: College or university course work appropriate to the work assignment may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Three (3) or more years of general clerical experience.
- Experience working with Excel spreadsheets and pivot tables.
- Experience in meeting coordination from scheduling of client(s) to setting up room.
- Experience utilizing general office equipment (fax, copier, shredder, scanner, telephone, etc.).
- Experience working in the biomedical field.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Strong communication skills including writing skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to address multiple ongoing challenges that will be encountered while performing required job duties.
- Exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills, as well as the ability to make complex decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a professional demeanor.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word) and proficient in the use of Photoshop
- Personable, friendly and able to work well under pressure, especially when assisting customers.
- Ability to answer a variety of questions effectively and keep traffic moving.
- A team-oriented, self-starter capable of operating independently in a start-up environment.
- Familiarity with the use office machines (e.g. printer, scanner, etc.).
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Kia Silverman at Kia.Silverman@ucdenver.edu.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: Apr 13, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kia Silverman
Posting Contact Email: Kia.Silverman@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00728697