University of Colorado Denver
Lola & Rob Salazar Student Wellness Center
Position #745278 - Requisition 13244
As Colorado's only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state's cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society's most complex problems. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Wellness & Recreation Services is a department within the Division of Student Affairs at the University of Colorado Denver. The office is committed to the delivery of quality, student-centered wellness and recreation services. As stewards of student experience at CU Denver, Wellness & Recreation Services provides inclusive facilities, programs, and services, which focus on the holistic wellness and recreation needs of a diverse study body. The new, 85,000 sq. ft. Lola & Rob Salazar Student Wellness Center is currently under construction and set to open in spring 2018, in downtown Denver, Colorado.
Nature of Work:
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Specialist, the Custodian is responsible for supporting all employees on shift and supervising the enforcement of and providing rationale for all policies and procedures at the Lola & Rob Salazar Student Wellness Center. This position will have a large emphasis on risk management, facility operations, and student supervision.
- 75% Activity Space Cleaning: Cleans multiple spaces within Student Wellness Center including but not limited to: cleaning and sanitizing toilets, sinks and showers and locker room spaces. Cleans and sanitizes various recreation/athletic spaces that include gyms, courts, multipurpose rooms, fitness equipment rooms and weight rooms that consist of a variety of floor surfaces which include rubber, urethane, wood and carpet. Cleans common spaces that include lounge space and associated furniture and amenities, entry areas, offices and work rooms, breakroom/kitchenette, all walls and other surfaces, windows and mirrors. Cleans sports and activity equipment storage spaces in addition to maintenance work and storage spaces. Cleans specialized spaces which includes a climbing wall and a wellness suite. Refill dispensers, dust/sweep, mop, strip, wax and buff floors, vacuum and extract carpets, pick up debris. Performs cleaning which may include emptying trash cans, recycling bins, compost containers and wastebaskets. Collects and sorts recyclable packaging materials and places in appropriate container in disposal area.
- 10% Exterior Cleaning: Cleans outdoor spaces that include trash and debris pick up and removal, empty and maintenance of trash and recyclables and containers. May use hand and power equipment to remove debris and leaves from exterior recreation/activity/park spaces (courts/fields). May utilize powered riding equipment to perform cleaning and maintenance of synthetic turf and cleaning of surrounding hard surfaces spaces. Will power wash and/or water broom multiple types of surfaces with electric and gas powered equipment. Utilizes department utility cart or vehicle to assist in efficient performance of tasks. Washes outdoor windows and surfaces. May shovel snow and remove other types of debris.
- 5% Minor Maintenance and Repairs: Changes incandescent, LED and fluorescent lighting and cleans fixtures and diffusers. Monitors and secures facility signage as appropriate and reports items in need of extensive repair or replacement. Clears clogged drains and toilets, replaces batteries in automatic air fresheners, faucet valves and in automatic paper towel dispensers. Performs minor maintenance of custodial equipment, changes hoses, belts or bags on vacuum cleaners. Changes brushes, pads, squeegee blades on floor equipment, tightens fasteners, reports needed repairs for maintenance, and safety problems.
- 5% Supplies and Materials: Stocks restrooms with paper products and sanitary supplies, liquid soap, distributes supplies to multiple custodial support areas throughout all facilities, refills storage areas and/or cleaning carts, cleans the cart and equipment at end of shift. Supports department towel program by monitoring and assisting in the maintenance of clean and soiled towel containers. Completes necessary inventory or requisition requests.
- 5% Miscellaneous: Moves furniture/sports equipment for proper room/space configuration, cleaning purposes, and for floor work. Other duties as assigned.
Hiring for 2 full time positions, schedule will either be:
- 8am-5pm Sun, M-Th 6am-3pm
- Tu-F 6am-3pm, 8am-5pm Sat
Typical Working Conditions:
These positions work in various environments included but not limited to: Recreation/sport/activity space, office/work environment, locker room/restrooms, and exterior hardscape/grounds. This position may work outside during seasonally varying weather conditions. These positions interact with participants and general public on a daily basis.
Pay and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $14.00 to $17.00 per hour and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- One year of custodial work experience.
- Knowledge of all types of custodial equipment and chemicals.
- Knowledge of standardized work routines.
- Knowledge of related OSHA and EPA regulations and ability to effectively communicate regulations to others.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to follow oral/written instructions.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Application deadline is April 27, 2018.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1.A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications, 2. A current CV/resume, 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references). Questions should be directed to Lindsie Haggerty at [email protected]
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30260 - AVCASA-SA Student Wellness Ctr
Posting Date: Apr 13, 2018
Closing Date: Apr 27, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Lindsie Haggerty
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00745278