Biological Sciences - 121100
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Department of Biological Sciences provides professional expertise and service to local, state, national, and international constituencies, while promoting the discovery, advancement, and dissemination of basic and applied knowledge in the life and environmental sciences.
The Biological Sciences Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Assisting the Instructional Lab Manager with:
* Instructional fee planning and tracking, payroll processes, and COGNOS monitoring.
* TA/GSA and proctor/grader assignments, as well as adjunct and hourly recruitment and hiring.
* Filing and record-keeping.
* Departmental Schedule of Classes and related activities.
* Information collection, origination, and tracking of Curriculog proposals.
* SPOT evaluation process and score compilation for TAs.
* Preparing annual Space Survey.
* Maintaining graduate record and milestone data.
* Graduate students with forms, enrolling in thesis and dissertation hours.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Associate's degree and three years of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree with three years of budgetary and administrative experience in an academic environment.
* Prefer experience in COGNOS, EPAR, EIS/PeopleSoft 9.2, and class scheduling.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting