Assistant Director of Equipment Operations
Assistant Director of Equipment Operations
Athletic Program Asst Director
Athletics - Gen - 220410
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Some weekends and evenings
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and C-USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
The Athletic Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Director of Equipment Operations to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
The Assistant Director of Equipment Operations will oversee in conjunction with the Assistant Athletic Director of Equipment Services: the purchase, organization, distribution, and repair of athletic equipment. The Assistant Director of Equipment Services will manage and maintain all equipment essentials for the operation of University of North Texas athletic teams.
* Exhibit fiscal responsibility with regards to all operations in conjunction with the Assistant Athletic Director of Equipment Services, and Deputy Director of Athletics/Chief Financial Officer.
* Serves as a liaison to Nike, BSN, Vendors for equipment, footwear, and performance apparel related matters for assigned sport(s).
* Assist with the distribution of athletic equipment and clothing to student athletes and coaches for assigned sport(s).
* Manage the processes for the issue, retrieval, storage, repair, maintenance, reconditioning, and inventory control of all equipment, apparel, coaching aids, and field equipment for assigned sport(s).
* Assist with the coordination of equipment needs and appropriate transportation as needed for away events, including but not limited to identifying appropriate equipment and apparel, packing, delivery, and return of equipment and apparel to campus.
* Assist with the coordination, inventory, and overall execution of Athletic Department Surplus Sales.
* Assist with letterwinner award programs, laundry scheduling, shipping/receiving, and other duties as assigned.
* Represent the University of North Texas at the AFCA, AEMA and other professional development conferences, symposiums, and trade shows as directed or necessary.
* Required to work Athletic Contests and Events as directed.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in in related field and two years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Member of AEMA.
* Previous experience of managing athletic equipment operations at the collegiate or professional sports level required.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting