Director of Donor Relations
Director of Donor Relations
Director, Development Support
Division of Advancement Gen - 170000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
The Division of Advancement has a goal to promote the University of North Texas through its many programs of engagement, to secure private financial resources that support our institution and to empower the future leaders of our generations.
The Division of Advancement is looking to add a Director of Donor Relations to their team. The Director is responsible for creating, implementing, analyzing and continuously improving the donor relations and stewardship functions of the Division of Advancement. This includes major gift acknowledgments, endowment fund reporting, gift agreements, centralized stewardship plans, individualized stewardship plans and recognition societies.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Effectively lead the Donor Relations team in their role to identify, process and track major gift acknowledgments in collaboration with the gift processing staff.
* Coordinate and manage the quarterly update of design/content for the combined receipt acknowledgment and other donor communications.
* Coordinate the drafting, tracking and execution of gift and letter agreements; including coordination with the Office of General Counsel and the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships.
* Maintain expertise in gift documentation requirements, including knowledge of illegal criteria, State and Federal laws surrounding scholarships and student aid, and all applicable UNT System Regents Rules and UNT policies and procedures.
* Serve as a representative of the Division of Advancement on the University Scholarship Committee.
* Create, and update annually, a centralized overall advancement stewardship plan that is transparent to advancement staff.
* Collaborate with development officers to create individualized plans for stewardship, cultivation and engagement as requested.
* Collaborate with Deans and heads of other University units on the implementation of stewardship best practices.
* Coordinate and continually improve the endowment fund reporting process.
* Develop a strategy to communicate impact and outcomes to endowment donors.
* Develop a strategy to ensure endowment expenditure and compliance.
* Manage the major gift recognition societies, including the development and implementation of an engagement strategy for these groups.
* Manage allocated budget to implement all donor relations and stewardship activities.
* Collaborate professionally with development and university colleagues as needed on projects.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and four years of related professional experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* General knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles or ability quickly assimilate.
* In depth knowledge of principles of assigned area
* Supervisory experience.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with internal and external contacts.
* Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others.
* Ability to utilize software relevant to the position.
The ideal candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree.
* Advanced knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, two writing samples (acknowledgment letter, impact story, professional correspondence regarding fundraising, etc.) and references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting