Purchasing, Travel and Personnel Assistant
Salary: $45,623 - $65,438
Title: Purchasing, Travel and Personnel Assistant
Date Posted: 04/13/2018
Position Information: Under the general direction of the Department Bioengineering Financial and Administrative Officer (FAO), the incumbent will provide complex procurement leadership and financial support to faculty, staff and students. The incumbent will process and initiate request to Shared Service Center for Payroll and HR related transactions. The incumbent will coordinate all procurement functions; coordinate facilities/equipment repair and maintenance orders. The incumbent will be the lead travel/entertainment transactor for the department. The incumbent will continually educate and update members of the department regarding purchasing, payroll and travel resources, policies, procedures, and restraints. The incumbent ensures adequate follow-up on all requests related to payroll, purchasing, travel, entertainment, work orders, reimbursement, accounts receivable billing, and returns for credit.
Minimum Requirements: Associate degree in related field, and two years recent experience performing administrative, purchasing, and accounting functions, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of purchasing related generally accepted accounting principles and fund accounting.
Ability to work independently with minimal direction; skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely, organized, and accurate manner under the pressures of deadlines, interruptions, distractions, and competing priorities and requirements.
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to clearly communicate information to a variety of people in writing and verbally. Proven skill in listening, anticipating, interacting with the public and responding to the needs of customers to provide excellent customer service. Effective problem solving skills, including skill in identifying and bringing attention to problems that require special handling.
Ability to research and analyze information to formulate and implement solutions to problems.
Skill in utilizing a personal computer and office software applications such as Microsoft excel, Word, and Outlook and demonstrated experience in accessing and retrieving data from on-line applications, purchasing, and financial systems; skilled in maintaining accurate records with strict attention to detail.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of University structure, organization, and key administrative staff
Demonstrated experience using UCR online purchasing and payroll systems.
Knowledge of University of California policies and procedures
Knowledge of UCR Financial Systems
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview