Temporary IT Security Data Analyst-1
Hyde Park Campus
2010008 BSD - Data Security
About the Unit
The Information Security Office is dedicated to providing information security services and expert security guidance to BSD leadership and all members of the BSD research and academic enterprise to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of its information assets and data, in accordance with organizational security policies and applicable state and federal laws, as efficiently as possible.
The Temporary IT Security Data Analyst will provide entry level administration, technical and customer support for the BSD Information Security Office. This position is expected to last approximately three months at 10-20 hours per week. This is a great opportunity for hands-on experience in cyber security operations or cyber risk management as well as security policy compliance.
- Assisting security staff with projects
- Assisting system owners with vulnerability remediation
- Security research
- Writing user documentation
- Enhancing wiki documentation
- Metrics reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma Required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and deadlines.
- A proactive attitude and a willingness to learn new skills.
- A comfort level with varying levels of work ranging from simple tasks to more challenging project work.
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with Linux and working in a Unix shell. (ls, cd, cat, sed, grep, less, vi/emacs/pico/nano).
- HTML / CSS proficiency.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Computer security, networking, trouble ticket software experience.
- Office and/or customer service experience.
- Data analytics experience.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/