Part-time Temporary Peer Advisor
Part-time Temporary Peer Advisor
Position Number: 10058698
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 04/26/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Temporary Peer Advisor. The Peer Advisor will work closely with Professional Academic Advisors to Assist with New Student Orientation, provide general information, promote academic advising, seek to enhance the first year experience of UNG students, and provide support for at-risk students. PA undergo intensive training to enhance leadership skill and learn UNG policies and procedures. PA will be able to work around 30 hours a semester.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Peer Advisor will:
- Represent Academic Advising department at campus events such as orientations, club fairs, major fairs, open houses and other UNG sponsored events
- Develop and present workshops such as technology workshops, NIGHTHAWK registration workshops, and information sessions.
- Promote student services through outreach and marketing.
- Aid students in course scheduling during registration and add/drop periods.
- Attend ongoing training as necessary (initial PA training, FERPA training, etc).
- Attend meetings and office duties.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have communication skills, public speaking, basic knowledge of UNG and Gainesville Campus.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Current student planning to enroll in 6 or more credit hours in Fall 2018. GPA 2.75 or higher
- 12 earned credit hours.
- Must be availability for most UNG orientation sessions (dates provided upon request).
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.