**In office position at the Salt Lake City, UT campus**
The Release Manager oversees and manages the curriculum and assessment releases within Academic Programs. The Release Manager ensures a standard process is followed, and that stakeholders provide approvals within the appropriate time frames before a release. They coordinate with impacted departments and stakeholders to understand and meet any needs for a release. The Release Manager monitors released courses and assessments for issues that may need to be addressed. The release manager works closely with the college project managers to determine the timeline for releases. The individual is the primary point of contact and manages release communication to other departments and stakeholders.
- Understands entirety of course and assessment systems and release process
- Coordinates program migrations at a high level
- Organizes, monitors, and manages releases
- Clearly communicates release constraints, conflicts, or requirements that could affect project outcomes and stakeholder satisfaction
- Identifies scope of release and develops documents outlining key release objectives, goals, plans, requirements, and schedules; modifies plans and schedules as necessary
- Ensures accurate information is gathered and disseminated to stakeholders and ensures final documents are thoroughly reviewed, accurate, complete, and user friendly
- Monitors, reports on, and disseminates release status, issues, requirements, dependencies, and release plans
- Assumes responsibility for successfully launching finished products
- Evaluates feedback and stakeholder concerns and offers assistance and solutions as appropriate
- Communicates release updates, future releases, and changes
- Establishes and maintains professional working relations and communication with customers, project sponsors, service providers, and outside contacts
- Informs stakeholders of activities and of any significant problems
- Recommends improvements in policies, procedures, and functions
- Fulfills other duties as assigned
- Excellent leadership and release management skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to build consensus and motivate others
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to learn new computer programs quickly
Problem Solving Skills: Investigates appropriate resources and involves partners when appropriate; future-oriented; assesses what will help/hinder achieving goals; focuses on what is important.
Interpersonal Skills: Deals with others in a considerate, respectful, and unbiased manner; approaches conflict proactively; solicits and shares feedback openly; listens with empathy and maintains composure.
Accuracy: Draws on factual information garnered from careful cultivation of a broad knowledge of WGU’s goals and processes; investigates beyond assumptions.
Adaptability: Course corrects behaviors and communication style to meet the needs of a wide range of situations; tackles obstacles appropriately; is comfortable with ambiguity.
Reliability: Accountable to others; does what it takes to get the job done; actions are consistent with words; follows through on commitments; exhibits exceptional integrity.
Attitude: Displays commitment to the organization and to personal growth; self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others; asserts self appropriately to champion ideas; tells the truth in a direct and constructive manner.
Initiative: Self-directs with a strong bias for action; leads the way in improvement of performance or processes; displays keen interest in students and organization.
- 3+ years of release management experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- WGU experience preferred
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States