Position Number 3824
Position Classification Title Facility Maint Mech Tradesman
Functional Title Plumber II
Position Type Staff
The primary purpose of this position is the maintenance and repairs of the campus plumbing systems from the city water supply to the sewage systems. Included in this is the installation and repair of the plumbing fixtures and planned and preventative maintenance on existing water and sewage disposal systems. This position reports to the plumbing supervisor and is responsible for the maintenance of domestic water, heating equipment, as well as, other routine maintenance as assigned by supervision. This position is a mandatory position as defined in the Adverse Weather and Emergency Event Policy.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Install and repair domestic cold and hot water piping, sewer systems, water heaters, circulation pumps, plumbing fixtures, and water fountain/bottle filling stations.
- Test and Repair Back-flow devices
- Perform scheduled PM tasks on various equipment and systems
- Continually evaluate PM tasks and passes recommendations to the PM Coordinator
- Periodically survey buildings to identify equipment not on PM program
- Initiate corrective work order for major repairs discovered during PMs
- Accomplish corrective work orders in response to trouble calls
- All work must be performed in safe manner
- Plumbing work in support of in-house renovation/construction projects
- Submit labor and material reports to supervisor on a daily basis
- Ensure sufficient materials are on hand for completion of projects
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance - NC State Health Plan (NC Smart Choice)
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSAs and more (NC Flex)
- Retirement (Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System and Optional Retirement Program)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation, Sick, Community Service, FMLA leave
- Longevity pay
- Eligible to become a member of the State
Employees Credit Union
- Employee Award Programs
- Employee Wellness Resources
- and more
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK. SOME POSITIONS MAY REQUIRE SPECIAL LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION. OPTIONAL GUIDELINES: EXPERIENCE IN THE TRADE AREA RELATED TO THE AREA OF ASSIGNMENT MAY BE SUBSTITUTED ON A YEAR-FOR-YEAR BASIS.
- Prefer 5 years progressive plumbing experience in a institutional or commercial environment with minimum of a city card (Journey Level).
- Prefer plumbing license.
- Back Flow certification for testing and repairing.
*Valid Driver's License is required.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Your application to the position will not be complete until you receive an online confirmation number at the end of the process of applying for a position.
This is a mandatory position and is required to report to work during emergency events including adverse weather.
Recruitment Range $39,710 - $44,122
Org #-Department Facilities Operations - 56404
Work Hours of Position 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday
Job Family Operations and Skilled Trades
Competency Level Journey
Open Date 04/16/2018
Close Date 05/21/2018
Job Close Date
Salary Grade Equivalency 65
Number of Months per Year 12
- List of References
- Cover Letter
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you graduated from high school or received a GED?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * Do you currently have a valid drivers license?
- No Response
- * Are you back flow certified for testing and repair?
- * How many years of experience do you have in a directly related field?
- 0 - 2 years
- 2 - 4 years
- 4+ years
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu