Public Safety Professional
Due to the vast array of duties and responsibilities of the director's position and office, the Police Administrative Operations Professional (PAOP) will exercise sound judgement in decision-making, have the ability to work on a priority basis to complete work assignments, exercise sensitivity and maintain confidentiality to the department's and university's work and to the people each serves, be able to work with a minimum of supervision, and support the overall mission of the department and university.
- Responsible for all duties related to the submission and publication of the Annual Campus Security & Fire Safety report.
- Coordinate and manage the annual Clery CSR notifications and training program.
- Serve as the UCCS PD's Clery Liaison Coordinator for all area Law Enforcement Agencies regarding Clery statistics and data for IGA related incidents.
- Coordinate all activities related to UCCS Campus Security Authorities (CSA's), including training and dissemination of the annual CSA compliance letter.
- Conduct background screens on student admission applicants on as needed basis.
- Conduct pre-employment background screens on staff/faculty/students.
- Serve as department records management custodian (maintain record certification, release police reports as appropriate, audit case report.
- Assisting the Administrative Lieutenant, process police officer work schedules per Police FSLA laws and scheduling officer court appearances.
- Coordinate/assist with UCCS PD Crime Prevention programs, scheduling, and implementation.
- Process fingerprints for students and others needing background checks
- Compile data and prepare reports as needed for routine and special projects.
- Serve as Evidence technician to ensure chain of custody is maintained, properly documented, and evidence disposed of within rules, laws and best practices.
- Assist with evidence facility.
- Maintain and update the UCCS PD crime blotter in compliance with the Federal Clery Act
- Monitor and publish new content on the UCCS Police social media pages on a regular basis, including responding to social media posts in a timely manner, and creating long term social media plans for increasing UCCS Police presence on social media.
- Develop efficient workflow processes to compile data and prepare reports as needed for routine and special projects.
- Serve as a resource to other departmental and community members.
- Represent the department and the Director to community, campus, and system-wide groups and committees.
- Other duties as required or identified in support of the Department and its goals.
- Evaluate current administrative practices in relation to best practices and develop efficient workflow processes to better serve the mission of the department and its customers.
- Excellent written, oral, and project management skills.
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience as an administrative assistant.
- Completion of Jeanne Clery Compliance training.
- CCIC/NCIC certification within 6 months of hire.
- Experience working in Human Resources, Administrative, and Safety and Logistical functions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural University environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by April 27, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or email@example.com. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Public Safety/Enforcement and Protective Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40121 - AVCAF-PoliceOperations
Posting Date: Apr 13, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Philip Brotherton
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00412503