Materials Handler I
Housing & Dining Services welcomes applications for a Materials Handler I. This position exists and is primarily responsible for receiving goods, ensuring proper storage and rotation of product. Reconciles all invoices to ensure physical delivery of products matches quantities and amounts on the invoice. Maintains receiving and storage areas organization, cleanliest and sanitation. Inventories products, goods and small-wares. Responds to last minute changes and requests by the department for prompt distribution/transportation of goods and equipment to the dining halls or other on- and/or off- campus locations on an occasional basis, utilizing department vehicle. Provides a clean, safe, comfortable work environment for all faculty, student, staff and visitors at the University of Colorado Boulder.
Who we are:
HDS strives to provide CU students, faculty, staff and families with an exceptional living experience through our support services, award-winning dining and innovative programs.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Receiving and Storage
- Ensure that all shipments received are free of damage, accurate and if required, temperature controlled.
- Coordinate, prioritize, and adjust daily receiving activities to ensure products are put away in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper rotation of stock and that all goods are stored in appropriate area and secure.
- Utilize computer and communication skills to ensure proper notification of damaged shipments and incorrect invoicing to immediate supervisor.
- Offer excellent internal and external customer service.
- Ensure any last minute changes requested by immediate supervisor are completed.
- Maintain a clean safe working environment for all faculty, students, staff and visitors at the University of Colorado Boulder.
- Ensure goods are delivered at proper temperature.
- Use PPE and practices proper lifting techniques.
- Clean and maintain facility to ensure a clean and safe environment.
- Monitor cold storage areas for proper temperature.
- Report issues or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Serve on the food safety response team and responds to all food safety emergencies as appropriate to the work assignment. If a work cell phone is provided, a response call must be within an hour of the original call and/or message.
- Assist in inventory of goods, products, and supplies.
- Enter inventoried quantities into computer (FSS).
- Daily observation and communication with Operations/Production Manager regarding any products that have low turnover, have been over purchased or are soon to expire.
- Make determinations to move inventory to various or varied storage locations as necessary.
- Perform daily cleaning and sanitation of storage areas to include but not limited to: dry storage, cold storage, and receiving areas.
- Assist other facilities as necessary and performs other tasks as delegated by immediate supervisor.
- Participate in Campus Dining Services special events as requested.
- Operate company vehicle to deliver goods to department facilities as requested.
What you should know:
- Candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs alone.
- Candidate must be able to handle heavy pallets in tight spaces.
- A preplacement physical is required for this position.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position starts at $27,660.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be adaptable. Be informed. Be willing. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- One year of experience which includes warehousing, handling, shipping, receiving, storing, inventory, and/or distribution of goods.
- Necessary Special Requirements: Some positions may require possession of a valid State of Colorado driver's license or a Commercial Driver's License (CDL). Possess a Valid Colorado driver's license, successful completion of University of Colorado's Driver Safety Training program.
- Ability to work in extreme cold conditions for extended periods of time (PPE provided).
- Servsafe certified and or certificate appropriate for the position level or the ability to obtain Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level within 6 months of hire. Must possess appropriate Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level for the duration of employment with CDS.
What we'd like you to have:
- Servsafe certified.
- A thorough understanding of the flow of food from purchasing to, ready to prepare state.
- Knows and can recite proper receiving temperatures as well as appropriate storage areas for goods and products.
- Can prioritize stocking/shelving activities to ensure that proper product temperatures are maintained.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by April 23, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at [email protected]. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-13127.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10391 - Housing-Administration
Posting Date: Apr 13, 2018
Closing Date: Apr 23, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00745081