Assistant Dean - College of Business
The Assistant Dean serves as an expert resource, strategic advisor, and project leader for assessment and accreditation in the College of Business (COB). This position also represents COB data and assessment requirements for the College, the university system, and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). The Assistant Dean will participate in strategic planning, establishment, review and implementation of operating priorities, development of goals and objectives, and development and implementation of policies and procedures.
The Assistant Dean performs under the general direction of the Associate Dean and in close collaboration with COB Program Directors and Team Leads as well as Institutional Research, Accounting and Finance, Enrollment Management, Admissions and Records, and other offices across campus as necessary. The Assistant Dean will support the Dean and the Associate Dean as requested. Other duties as assigned.
- Seek interpretation of certain policies, procedures, rules, and regulations promulgated outside of the COB and accurately communicate and help apply them. Examples include, but are not limited to, AACSB International reporting requirements and procedures, FERPA, and the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) enrollment policies and procedures.
- Manage COB assessment data for institutional, university, and AACSB International requirements.
- Design, develop, and maintain College of Business accountability system and integrated reports utilized for assessment and accreditation activities.
- Monitor and prepare consistent and sustainable responses for college assessment and accreditation reporting requirements, including AACSB International reports.
- Support the Associate Dean in College assessment and accreditation compliance.
- Support the Associate Dean in preparation of accreditation reports.
- Support the Associate Dean's work in other academic matters as may from time to time arise.
- Support the Associate Dean in personnel management (e.g., evaluation, planning, and recruitment).
- Support the Associate Dean in managing professional development and training of college personnel.
- Serve as a member of COB Strategy Team and attend meetings.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as directed or required that promote the goals and objectives of the COB and UCCS.
- Represent the College, when called on, in the absence of the Dean and Associate Dean.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- Ability to adhere to ethical business practices and promote ethical behavior.
- Highly detail-oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis.
- Ability to work with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education.
- Manage various objectives, projects, and groups to make judgment on prioritizing and time.
- Strong interpersonal skills to include excellent written and verbal communications.
- Generate productive relationships with internal and external partners.
- Advanced computer skills for sophisticated, complex software programs.
- Advanced word processing and spreadsheet knowledge.
- Ability to independently analyze data and use sound judgment to recognize, identify, and solve problems.
- Ability to exercise critical discretion and confidentiality.
- Organizational and coordination skills.
- Strategic planning and report preparation.
- Ability to work independently.
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living, and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check and a sex-offender check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Completed Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- At least 3 years of administration experience over an assessment, accreditation, or compliance process.
- Completed Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- At least 10 years of experience in higher education.
- Data management experience.
- Experience with the AACSB International accreditation standards.
- Academic administrative or leadership experience at an accredited institution.
- Advanced knowledge and training related to sophisticated, complex software programs including enterprise and desktop data base applications such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and MS Access.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Position is open until filled. Complete applications received by 11:59 pm on Monday, May 14, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. • The University of Colorado Colorado Springs will not sponsor work visas or permanent resident applications for this position. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Candidates may be asked to complete pre-employment assessments. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire. • Appointment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, to include criminal, and sex-offender checks per campus policy.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s), Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:• In your cover letter, please describe (in detail) your professional work experience and how it relates to this position. • If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or email@example.com. • If you have job specific inquiries, please contact the Search Committee Chair (information listed below under Posting Contact).
Job Category: Executive
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40025 - BUS-College of Business
Posting Date: Apr 13, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Rashell McCann, Search Committee Chair
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00400550