Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm; some evenings
The College of Visual Arts and Design (CVAD) at the University of North Texas (UNT) assumes a critical role in building our region into a world-renowned center for culture and education. CVAD fosters creative futures for its diverse student population and the area through rigorous arts-based education, arts- and client-based studio practice, scholarship and research.
The College of Visual Arts & Design Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Academic Advisor to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Educating students on how to plan their academic pathways in keeping with general education and degree plan requirements; degree audits; graduation application processing.
* Assisting with orientations, recruitment, and graduation events.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess Bachelor's Degree and two years of experience in student affairs, student services, counseling, or professional academic advising. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Strong presentation skills.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to use a variety of complex computer applications.
* Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to work independently and lead project teams effectively.
* Considerable knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting