Program Director, Living Learning Community - University Housing (A1800228)
Living-Learning Community Program Director
Residential Life, University Housing, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are now being accepted for the Living-Learning Community Program Director position within University Housing at the University of Illinois.
We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds who can help create and foster communities that strive toward our vision. This includes supporting the academic mission of the university by developing environments conducive to student learning and academic success, respecting, appreciating and advocating for the diversity of our student population, and encouraging engaged citizenship in the residence halls and beyond the campus boundaries, and the holistic development of all of our students. The diversity of our campus student population currently includes 44,880 total students: 33,467 undergraduate and 11,413 graduate and professional students, 54% men, 46% women, 5% African-American, 9% Latinx, 15% Asian, .08% Native American, 3% Multiracial and 24% International.
Summary of the Position
The Program Director is responsible for implementing and facilitating curricular and co-curricular programming. This particular Program Director position oversees the Weston Exploration and Leadership Experience through Academic Development and Service (LEADS) Living-Learning Communities (LLCs) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate and integrate programmatic and classroom learning into the living environments.
- Fully integrate Living Learning Communities into the Illinois Residential Experience (IRE) residential curriculum plan.
- Develop familiarity with available campus and community resources and help students navigate these resources.
- Reinforce effective learning behaviors in residents, thereby cultivating a sense of intellectual curiosity and academic persistence.
- Provide special opportunities to participate in campus and community events.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff from academic and student affairs units, including the Division of General Studies, Career Center, the Illinois Leadership Center and other campus partners to schedule courses and plan co-curricular events.
- Provide a bridge to opportunities and developments in respective academic programs and other University Housing LLCs.
- Provide regularly scheduled and advertised open door office hours.
- Coordinate informal out-of-class interactions.
- Meet regularly with the Assistant Director of Housing for Academic Programs and attend all required Residential Life meetings/trainings.
- Meet periodically with Residence Directors of residence halls housing LLCs to plan and execute coordinated LLC and IRE strategies.
- Develop a calendar of proposed educational strategies in conjunction with the Illinois Residential Experience.
- Conduct periodic program assessment and assist in program evaluation.
- Collaborate with various University Housing and campus stakeholders.
- Provide training and support related to the unique nature of the assigned LLCs to teaching staff, instructors, graduate assistants, hourly, student and support staff.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate graduate, hourly, and/or student support staff.
- Propose and provide oversight for LLC budgets.
- Develop opportunities for undergraduate research.
- Develop opportunities to establish a guest-in-residence program or work in collaboration with existing G-I-R programs in University Housing.
- Assist in marketing and recruiting of Living Learning Communities.
- Master a variety of information such as BANNER systems, degree program requirements, campus resources, and policies that have importance for students' academic success.
- Engage in professional development activities.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required: Master's Degree in College Student Personnel, Student Affairs, Higher Education, Counseling or related field.
Required: 3-5 years' full-time post-Master's experience working in Higher Education. Experience with co-curricular program design, implementation and evaluation/assessment.
Preferred: Experience with curricular program design, implementation and evaluation/assessment. Experience working in or collaborating with Housing or Residential Life units. Experience working with Living Learning Communities. Experience working within a Residential Curriculum environment. Experience meeting the needs of a diverse student body. Experience with supervision. Experience working independently.
Training, Licenses or Certifications:
Required: Knowledge of co-curricular program design, implementation and evaluation/assessment.
Preferred: Knowledge of curricular program design, implementation and evaluation/assessment. Ability to work independently. Strong interpersonal and organization skills. Commitment to student learning. Excellent written and verbal skills. Detail-oriented. Creative and innovative approach to learning
For full consideration create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload pdf versions of a cover letter of application, a resume, and the names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references by May 7, 2018. Screening interviews may begin before that date, but all applications received by that date will receive full consideration. The starting date will be as soon as possible after the closing date. This is a 12 month, 100 percent time, Academic Professional appointment. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please contact a Housing Human Resources Representative at email@example.com with any questions you may have. We encourage all applicants to learn more about the Department, Housing, the University of Illinois and the Urbana-Champaign community by visiting our candidate website: http://www.housing.illinois.edu/Staff/Employment/
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Housing
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Program Director, Living Learning Community - University Housing (A1800228)
Open Date: 04/13/2018
Close Date: 05/07/2018
Organization Name: Hsg Live/Learn