Director, Tennis Facilities - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1800226)
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: Director, Tennis Facilities (Atkins Indoor Tennis Center and Khan Outdoor Tennis Complex)
Primary Position Function/Summary:
Planning, development, and administration of the DIA's tennis facilities and public programming.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Planning, development, and administration of the DIA's tennis facilities and public programming (private/group instruction, leagues, tournaments, special events, etc. generating approximately $400,000 in annual revenue);
2. Oversee and manage all aspects of pro shop sales, including ordering, inventory, and staffing to maximize net profit.
3. Responsible for all aspects of facility staffing including recruitment, hiring, training work assignment and evaluation for front desk staff and all other personnel necessary for staffing events and other facility operations.
4. Development, administration and responsibility of the overall facility annual operating and tournament budgets (total annual expenses exceed $700,000);
5. Oversight of marketing and promotional activities necessary for the continued success and growth of DIA's tennis facilities;
6. Ensure facility and equipment is properly maintained, working with DIA's facility staff to coordinate upkeep/maintenance/capital projects;
7. Collaborate with Coaches/Director of Operations for Men's and Women's intercollegiate tennis teams during home collegiate matches to ensure the facility meets the needs of an intercollegiate tennis match including coordination of donor hospitality areas;
8. Collaborate with DIA's event management staff to host NCAA intercollegiate tennis events.
9. Assist Head Tennis Professional with instructional programs as needed;
10. Maintain knowledge of and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position.
Bachelor's degree in areas of sports management, marketing, communications, or related field required.
Master's degree in same areas of focus.
Minimum of five years' experience in the tennis industry including daily operation of tennis facility, pro shop, leagues, lesson programs, teaching tennis, and event management. Teaching certifications required from either the USPTA or PTR. Demonstrated coaching expertise and a high level of knowledge of tennis. Experience in training and directing instructional staff. Demonstrated abilities in managing, hiring and evaluating personnel. Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules. Demonstrated personal and professional integrity and credibility in athletics. Good public relations and interpersonal skills in dealing with student-athletes, peers, administrative personnel, boosters, and community. Knowledge of budgeting and general business administration.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
As soon as possible after closing date
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received by April 27, 2018. Applications not submitted
through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application, resume
and names of three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Susan Young,
Interviews may take place prior to closing date. All applications will be given full consideration.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Director, Tennis Facilities - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1800226)
Open Date: 04/13/2018
Close Date: 04/27/2018
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics