Full Stack Developer
Requisition # 2018-8667
Department Administrative Info Services
Category Information Technology
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University's Office of Information Technology (OIT) seeks a full-stack developer to join its Custom Solutions and Integration (CSI) group. The developer is a member of the team responsible for supporting custom web applications from concept and design to delivery and end-of-life. This position develops solutions derived from customer needs analysis and requirements gathering sessions. Duties also include continued customer support and application maintenance and administration. This position works under the direct supervision of senior staff and the Director of the Custom Solution and Integration (CSI) group. This position is a 2-year, benefits-eligible term position.
- Works closely with OIT staff and project teams to design, code, test, debug and perform quality assurance reviews for custom web applications
- Writes clean and sustainable code and supporting documentation, using technology standards established and endorsed by the CSI team
- Leads, develops and supports the full life-cycle of custom applications from concept through completion; starting from user interface design all the way to full-stack development to quality assurance to deployment.
- Creates, modifies and supports custom applications that meet customer requirements
- Participates in the business requirements gathering process for CSI projects
- Collaborates with the CSI team to establish technical standards for new technologies through research, evaluation and proof-of-concept
- Works on special projects as assigned by the manager of CSI
- 3+ years of experience as a full-stack developer that includes front-end development, especially in Angular and back-end development in Spring framework
- Strong experience with web services technologies; including REST, AJAX, and JSON
- Proficiency with relational database technologies
- Proficiency with Version Control Systems, such as Git
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the desire to work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well with customers having various levels of technical ability and understanding
- Ability to manage competing priorities and maintain a cooperative, collegial approach
- A commitment to professional development and adapting to new technologies
- A commitment to following procedures to ensure the privacy, security and proper use of personal, proprietary and/or otherwise confidential data
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent related work experience. A B.S. in Computer Science, or related fields, preferred.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Comments Related to End Date
2-year term from official start date
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.