Duties: Penn Law is one of the nation's oldest and most distinguished law schools. The Gittis Center for Clinical Legal Studies is the Law School's teaching law firm. The Clinical Program recently celebrated its 40th Anniversary, and is proud to be among the nation's first centers for clinical legal studies. Penn Law has nine Clinics and a robust Externship program that offers students unique opportunities to develop essential lawyering skills and professional values drawn from experiential learning in diverse practice areas.
The Administrative Coordinator primarily is responsible for providing a high level of administrative support to student attorneys and clinic faculty on a daily basis in the course of their client representation. The Administrative Coordinator trains students in office policies/procedures, good case file maintenance and the use of legal software/technology. He/she works closely as a well functioning team with other clinic staff members to handle daily administrative tasks, and pro-actively finds new technology to use/train others on. This role will serve important functions in the Administrative Director's absence. The Coordinator will provide support relating to the financial aspects of the Clinic (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Concur, and account analysis).
Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree and 2 - 4 years of experience (preferably in a law firm, legal services organization, corporate law department or other legal environment), or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Spanish language fluency is not required, but is a plus.
* Possesses extremely strong technology skills especially within the Microsoft Office Suite. Experience in iManage (FileSite) or a similar legal document management or case management program is a plus.
* Possesses excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills. Previous supervisory experience a plus.
* Must be reliable, have a strong work ethic and bring initiative and enthusiasm to his/her work.
* Enjoys working in a fast paced environment, is able to multi-task and operates successfully under pressure.
* Works well independently, but also is able to work collaboratively within the department and with colleagues in the law school, and also outside partners.
* Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills are a necessity.
* Understands, observes, and models for students all professional obligations, including client confidentiality.
Reference Number: 56-28488
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Law School Clinical Programs
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative