ASSISTANT DIRECTOR NMR FACILITIES
Duties: This position is Assistant Director of the NMR Facility. Primary function is to assist the facility Director with the following principal duties in the facility: instrumentation maintenance, NMR training, NMR experiments implementation and other operations in NMR facility.
* Regularly performing routine calibrations and adjustments on the spectrometers and related accessories, including the helium compressor outdoor unit.
* Assisting with troubleshooting and spectrometer repair, including related hardware and software, operating system maintenance and management (Windows and Linux)
* Cryogen fills
* Training NMR new users, including scheduling training sessions and corresponding with new users, and setting up new user's account on the online scheduler
* Updating and maintaining teaching pedagogy to maintain high quality training
* Non-routine NMR experiments training such as VT NMR and others
NMR experiments implementation:
* Implementing new NMR techniques
* Performing specialized experiments
Other operations in NMR facility:
* Running industrial samples
* Consulting with departmental research on advanced NMR related problems
* Assisting in NMR data management, online scheduler maintenance, instrument computer programming, computer security issues and the development of NMR website
Qualifications: * A Master's Degree in the field of Chemistry is required, and a PhD degree in Chemistry is strongly preferred
* Minimum 2 years' experience in NMR laboratory with at least one-year experience maintaining NMR instrumentation
* Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills and team player are required
* Experience with Bruker NMR hardware and software and cryogenic fills are required.
* Experience with 1D and 2D solution state NMR techniques is required
* Teaching and training experience is preferred
* Experience with Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems is preferred. Programming skills in Perl or other scripting languages and experience in webpage development are a plus.
* Knowledge on electronics and experience of electronics repair are highly preferred.
Reference Number: 02-28477
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research