Associate Director of Procurement
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2018-045
Posting Start Date: 4/13/2018
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $57,870 - $65,171
Associate Director of Procurement
The Associate Director of Procurement provides back-up to the Director of Procurement in assisting with the daily management of procurement operations and with strategic planning. This position is responsible for handling large procurements (valued over $50,000) and assisting with any small procurement overflow while being in compliance with COMAR Title 21 regulations. This position acts as the MBE liaison between BCCC and GOMA and handles MBE and SBR reporting. In the absence of the Director of Procurement, the Associate Director of Procurement attends leadership meetings and submits any required reports. This position does not directly supervise staff; however, this position does lead staff and provides guidance when needed.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Four years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
- Working knowledge of FMIS/ADPICS.
- Working knowledge of COMAR Title 21 Procurement Regulations.
- Working knowledge of e-Maryland Marketplace.
- Working knowledge of MBE/SBR reporting.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint).
- Experience with handling large procurements (valued over $50,000).
- Three years of procurement experience with a State of Maryland agency.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.