Experienced, high level, and extremely knowledgeable scientist to investigate respiratory distress associated with lung injury and specifically ventilator-induced lung injury and pneumonia. Highly technical procedures and techniques involving molecular biology, physiology and genomics of mouse physiology will be necessary to complete project aims. Scientific experimentation will be the primary responsibility. This requires experimental design, preparing samples and train/oversee personnel for projects with the end result being publications and grant applications. Assistance with writing protocols, manuscripts, and grant applications, as well as review of literature to identify protocols necessary for edge of science breakthroughs will be necessary.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Moving and lifting objects from floor to above shoulders, standing/walking with objects up to 25 pounds. Standing and sitting at computer terminals and laboratory bench completing repetitive tasks for extensive periods of time. Occasional job related travel.
Primarily Days Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, some evenings, and weekends are possible.
Proficiency in molecular, animal, and cell culture techniques, cell dissociation, RNA isolation, recombinant DNA techniques, Microsoft Excel, organizational skills, attention to detail, writing skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Degree in a science related field and multiple years of successful independent work history in the pulmonary field preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- High School or GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * Please indicate if you have paid working experience with the following techniques: NMR spectroscopy, Correlation analyses using Pearson correlation, and RT-PCR.
- I have no paid working experience with the 3 techniques listed.
- I have paid working experience with the 1 of the 3 techniques listed.
- I have paid working experience with the 2 of the 3 techniques listed.
- I have paid working experience with the 3 of the 3 techniques listed.
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter