Part-time Bookstore Sales Clerk
Part-time Bookstore Sales Clerk
Position Number: 10058751
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 04/26/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Bookstore Sales clerk. This position participates in assisting bookstore during rush and other seasonal times. Work involves cashiering, stocking inventory, assisting with the operation of the Cumming Campus store, and other various tasks. The employee exercises some discretion and judgment with established policies and procedures, and work under the general direction of the Bookstore Director.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Bookstore Sales Clerk will:
- Preform customer service, sales, and cash handling
- Use bookstore software to assist with mail orders, and opening/closing store, and look up basic inventory information, making requests and filling transfers.
- Must have a flexible schedule, with some weekend work and travel to other campuses
- Offer exceptional customer service to general public, faculty, and staff;
- Asset management in specialized duties
- Perform related work functions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of retail store.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Three (3) years of related experience required.
- Previous basic retail experience, supervisory experience, and cash handling preferred.
- Must have basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in working with the public, possess basic supervisory skills, and be able to lift heavy boxes.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. In addition to a background check this position will also require a DMV check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.