Staff Assistant, ResNet Support Specialist
Staff Assistant, ResNet Support Specialist
The Bridgewater State University ResNet program is an all-in-one communications package provided to resident students. ResNet provides specialized technical support and innovative services. It includes but is not limited to high-speed internet service, wireless printing, premium cable TV, movie and TV streaming services and local telephone service in eleven (11) residence halls.
The Staff Assistant, ResNet Support Specialist provides administrative support and technical administration and oversight in support of the ResNet Program. Duties include but are not limited to providing support to the ResNet Coordinator, managing student technicians, and documentation of ResNet technical services. All ResNet job duties must be preformed in accordance with the ResNet Trust Fund Guidelines.
Position Type: APA Professional
1. Provide customer service in a professional, efficient and accurate manner via phone, email, face-to-face, or chat.
2. Assist in the creation and maintenance of technical and non-technical documentation. Examples include processes, procedures, instructional documentation, knowledge management, and inventory management.
3. Design, create, and deliver ResNet marketing and promotional material to resident students via student orientations, digital media, residential groups (SGA, RHA etc.), ResNet promotion nights and social media.
4. Remain current with emerging technologies. Research and recommend new initiatives, service enhancements, and innovation opportunities in support of the ResNet program.
5. Provide entry level technical administration, troubleshooting, and oversight of ResNet Services. Examples include network infrastructure, cable TV, video streaming services, printers, etc. in the eleven (11) BSU residence halls.
6. Collaborate across teams on service design, project planning, implementation approaches, and problem solving.
7. Actively support the University’s diversity and social justice initiatives.
8. Other duties as assigned as they pertain to the above ResNet job duties.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. 1 to 3 years of technical support experience.
3. Strong customer service and organizational skills.
4. Working knowledge of current and past Microsoft Operating Systems and Macintosh OS.
5. Ability to work effectively with students, parents and staff required.
6. Critical thinking, problem solving and project management ability required.
7. Physical ability to lift 35lbs.
1. Experience with network equipment including but not limited to: routers, switches, wireless access points, servers, modems, printer, etc.
2. Familiarity with current and emerging data technologies including wired/wireless networking and information security.
3. Ability to configure, troubleshoot, and repair desktops, laptops and mobile devices).
4. Understanding of TCP/IP Protocols.
5. Knowledge of the use of DHCP/DNS.
6. Experience in project management
7. Related experience in a higher education environment.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Systems inspection and repair may require that work be performed while standing, sitting and/or walking. This position requires bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 35 pounds.
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000
Posting Number: S00327P
Open Date: 04/11/2018
Close Date: 4/25/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
*Job information updated 4/12/18
To apply, visit https://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/10712
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.