San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Position #: 1800043
Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Transcript Assoc Degree (Must include Award/Confer Date)
CLASSIFIED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Business and Workforce Development
First Review Date:
$46,497 - $56,677 Annual Salary (Range 75: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2016-2017). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes District paid medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, sick leave and 18 paid holidays.
The Contracts Assistant reports to the Division Dean of Business and Workforce at Evergreen Valley College. The work schedule is 12 months per year; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Under the direction of assigned administrator, support the supervisor through a wide variety of program-related clerical, technical, operational, and service responsibilities. Provides a complex level of computer software and database support to the development, scheduling, monitoring, reporting, and coordination of project activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide support for students and program participants with faculty, staff, and mentors relative to program functions, goals, and objectives. 2. Assist students and participants with various college and agency procedures such as registration, room reservations, logistics, completion of forms and documents, and identification of mentors. 3. Provide students and participants with specific program resources such as mentors, interpreters, and tutors. Coordinate services with, and refer students and participants to other college staff, programs, community mentors, or support agencies. 4. Provide information, responses, and assistance to potential and current sponsors, partners, and new contacts regarding program requirements and services. 5. Disseminate relevant program publicity, including PowerPoint presentations, in conjunction with other staff. 6. Use a variety of computer software to develop collateral materials including brochure and flyer design and production, web page enhancements, job aids, instructional material layout and production, desk top publishing formats, and other marketing materials as needed. 7. Prepare periodic reports regarding grant activity, contracts, and expenditures, using a database and a variety of computer programs. 8. Maintain program accounts online, and perform regular financial recordkeeping pertaining to the reporting and documentation of assigned program budgets. Assist in developing and monitoring the program budget and expenditures, in conjunction with the program supervisor. 9. Use a variety of resources to collect, compile, and assemble statistical data on program activities and participation. Complete forms and maintain on-line data collection systems, various files, and perform activity statistical reporting. Identify and resolve discrepancies. 10. Coordinate meetings, use a computer to take and transcribe minutes, and disseminate advisory committee information; set up laptop/projector/projector screens for presentations. 11. Complete and submit district check and conference requests, petty cash and other forms as required. 12. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. An Associate’s degree from an accredited college or technical school.
2. One year of related experience.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve ;and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
4. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
1. Typical office environment.
1. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
2. Sufficient ambulatory to move to work stations and sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
3. Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or on the telephone.
4. Visual acuity to read numbers and words and to observe students perform tests and assignments.
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District:
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District's emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse classified staff consisting of 41% Hispanic/Latino, 26% Asian/Pacific Islander, 5% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, 22% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Human Resources/Employment Services, 40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113, (408) 270-6414.
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Info:
Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (Posting at: https://sjeccd.hiretouch.com. Click "APPLY"):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER (Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
3. RESUME, and
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) - NOT DIPLOMAS - (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees (having confer/award dates) or courses. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered. If foreign degrees, must submit Equivalency Certification (See #6 of the Instruction Section below).
If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
For assistance, contact:
Office of Human Resources, Employment Services
40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 239-8818
Web site @ https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. or www.sjeccd.edu.
To learn more about us and all our open positions, visit: http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities