Assistant Director-Graduate Studies
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Assistant Director-Graduate Studies
This position assists the Director of Graduate Studies with delegated aspects of program operations. Position has primary responsibility for all forms of program communications - electronic, social media, brochures and other printed materials, program website, and is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive communications plan for Graduate Studies. Position will also assist the Director with recruitment and other programmatic activities.
Eastern Washington University offers a highly competitive compensation package, including market-based salary and excellent benefits.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.Required Qualifications:
- Master's degree in English, communications, journalism, public relations, technical writing, or other related field.
- At least two years' professional work experience performing relevant work involving organization communications for both internal and external/customer use and information
- Successful experience or demonstrated ability to work and collaborate with multiple constituent groups
- Superior computer, applications, and web skills using MS and other applications, data systems, customer contact systems, website maintenance, and social media
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
Preference may be given to candidates who offer one or more of the following preferred qualifications:
- Additional years' work experience involving organization communications
- Experience developing and utilizing a CRM system
- Experience implementing programmatic change involving policies, processes and/or procedures.
- Work experience in higher education; prefer candidates with experience related to student recruitment and/or admissions
- Experience leading or supervising support staff