QA Automation Engineer
QA Automation Engineer
Requisition Number: STFR004476
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Downtown Boston Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The division of Information Technology Services is currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of QA Automation Engineer. The QA Automation Engineer (QAE) is a test engineer who plays a critical role in the development team and is primarily responsible for designing, developing, and implementing test frameworks, test validation scripts, and test data strategies within an integrated DevOps infrastructure covering the full product stack. This position will also be responsible for coordinating quality assurance testing activities including understanding business requirements, features, and technical implementation along with drafting test documentation, executing test scripts, tracking defects, and monitoring testing activity. The QAE will serve as a subject matter expert on the development of testing approaches and methodologies. The QAE work is critical in driving the testing efficiencies necessary for successful product development.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is preferred, but not required.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with software testing and automation test techniques with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience using Test Automation Framework such as Selenium Webdriver and JMeter to test web applications.
- Experience with RESTful API web service execution and validation using tools such as Postman or curl.
- Experience working with Source Control tools such as CVS and Git.
- 4 or more years’ experience working with build automation tools, such as Grails, Maven, or Jenkins.
- 3 or more years’ experience with Relational database technologies and SQL query writing
- 5-7 years’ experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.