Associate Dean of General Studies
This person will portray a broad institutional perspective, which supports the College's mission, vision, and goals while fostering and creating an environment which strives to anticipate and meet customer needs. A Middle Leader will support a shared leadership culture through participation in and facilitation of teams. This person is accountable for developing and implementing the means to accomplish the College's goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide instructional leadership and operational assistance to the Dean of General Studies & ABE/ELL
A. Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate full-time and part-time faculty district wide.
B. Provide assistance in design, development, and implementation of operational, capital, and grant budgets within division.
C. Provide leadership and support to divisional staff in order to:
- Schedule, facilitate, and assist with team meetings and communication.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of divisional processes and procedures to ensure learner success.
- Schedule division resources as needed.
- Provide leadership with advisory committee functions.
- Provide support and leadership with program implementation.
- Design, develop, and implement new product development.
- Facilitate curriculum modification.
- Provide support and leadership with capital equipment process.
- Design, develop, and implement team and division action plans.
- Coordinate professional development throughout division.
- Provide support and leadership in quality review process.
D. Assist with grant responsibilities to include working with the grants office in the development, implementation, management, tracking, and evaluation of current and future grant funded projects.
E. Work collaboratively and provide leadership for district wide initiatives.
F. Work collaboratively and provide leadership for district wide initiatives that support K-12 partnerships.
G. Shared responsibility with the Dean to supervise the staff and functions of General Education, ABE, ELL, the College Prep Centers, the Alternative High Schools, and the Academic Resource Centers throughout the district.
H. Work collaboratively and provide leadership for district wide initiatives that maintain and support the quality of instructional delivery.
I. Respond to student concerns/problems and referring students to appropriate resources, including counseling services.
J. Assist with the day-to-day operations in any task where the Dean needs additional support.
Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree required or equivalent of combination of education, skills, competency, and knowledge to fulfill the job duties and responsibilities.
- Minimum of two years' teaching experience.
- Prior experience in dealing with alternative high school, highly desirable.
- Strong commitment to learner success, instructional quality, and experience working in a team environment.
- Innovative, creative leader with the administrative skills to meet the demands of a highly complex, flexible, and adaptive learning environment.
- The ability to respond effectively to meet community and customer needs.
- A demonstrated success in forming highly functional project teams, communicating, decision making skills, and problem solving.
- Demonstrate experience in conflict resolution and relationship management.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Leadership in adult education preferred.
- Ability to present to large groups of professionals, as well as lead tours and facilitate large meetings