Information Tech Systems Administrator
The Information Technology Systems Administrator is responsible for the design and operation of the overall WAN and LAN architecture. This person also works to install, upgrade, configure, and maintain the district wide server based applications, coordinate technical requests, resolve technical issues, and monitor the college wide Information Technology infrastructure.
As a member of Middle Leadership, the Information Technology Systems Administrator will portray a broad institutional perspective that supports the College's mission, vision, and goals while fostering and creating an environment that strives to anticipate and meet customer needs. A Middle Leader will support a shared leadership culture through participation in and facilitation of teams.
In addition, Middle Leaders will live NTCs operating principles of integrity, respect, learning, collaboration, responsibility, innovation, and service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain storage area network, server based Applications, Database servers, Web Servers and other third party applications related to our Information Technology infrastructure.
- Install, Upgrade, update and fix district wide Information Technology infrastructure.
- Maintain systems to ensure availability of systems, adequate performance, and take corrective action when needed.
- Research, investigate and recommend new applications to monitor and increase performance of the Information Technology infrastructure.
- Maintain current and accurate installation/procedural documentation.
- Monitor and adhere to College wide backup solution.
- Ensure adequate security is installed and monitored to protect the information of the College.
- Develop/maintain disaster recovery plan related to the Information Technology infrastructure.
- Keep current with trends in information technology.
- May occasionally be required to perform pre-approved, emergency-type information technology work which needs immediate resolution and falls outside of the normal work hours for the position or planned projects outside the normal work day.This type of work may be allowed to be performed from home on an exception basis, when applicable, but does not include normal daily work.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver's license with the ability to meet NTC's insurance carrier standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities listed are intended to describe the essential functions of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.