Assistant or Associate Dean
The School of Education (SOE) at Georgia Southwestern State University (GSW) is seeking a full time, 10 month, Assistant or Associate Dean. The Assistant or Associate Dean, who reports directly to the dean of the school, works in collaboration with the faculty, Clinical Director, and Assessment Director to meet the mission, strategic goals, and standards of accrediting bodies.
The Assistant or Associate Dean will work closely with the Dean to complete the following duties and responsibilities -
1. Provide vision and support for the implementation of the SOE strategic plan
2. Assist with course scheduling
3. Complete faculty annual evaluations and prepare annual reports of SOE Faculty productivity
4. Provide leadership in SOE promotion and tenure decisions
5. Serve as Coordinator of SOE Graduate Programs
6. Teach 1-2 classes/semester in the Early Childhood Education programs
7. Represent the Dean at GSW and community events or functions as needed
8. Carry out other assignments and duties, as assigned by the Dean of the School of Education.
A successful candidate will have an earned doctoral degree in Education (or related field) with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Early Childhood Education; administrative experience at the departmental chair level or above; proven record of effective teaching, scholarship, and service; collaborative management style; demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills; and eligible for graduate faculty status.
Experience in K-12 schools; demonstrated leadership skills; and ability to interact with diverse students and faculty.