Sports Information Director
William Paterson University, a Division III member institution of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, invites applications for a twelve-month full-time position as Sports Information Director. A member of the New Jersey Athletic Conference, William Paterson University sponsors 13 varsity intercollegiate sports. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations, the Sports Information Director works closely on a day-to-day basis with the Director of Athletic Communications and Compliance. Anticipated start date: June 18, 2018.
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 11,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 370-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Coordinating and communicating sports information for the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Writing, editing and publishing all content for Athletics website such as releases, event summaries and biographical information for student-athletes and staff members.
- Assists in maintaining Athletics presence on social media.
- Staffs home events and provides statistical compilation.
- Coordinates live video streaming and posts video content to Athletics website and social media platforms.
- Prepares statistical reports.
- Maintains historical records.
- Supervises part-time and student staff.
- Bachelors degree. Masters degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of professional experience on the collegiate level in sports information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Work a schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Working knowledge of current digital and social media platforms.
- Experience with StatCrew, desktop publishing, graphic design and video editing software is preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Invitation to apply:
Please click to Apply for the position.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:Complete an application Submit a cover letter and resume or CV Provide names/contacts of three professional references. Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration. If you have any general questions related to this search please email email@example.com.