Teaching Administrator/Assistant Director - Veterinary Technology
Camden County College, located just outside of Philadelphia, is one of New Jersey's largest, most comprehensive community colleges. Nationally ranked in a number of key educational outcomes, the College has a tradition of high quality education in a wide range of transfer and career programs, and serves its county and the region at four College locations and many off campus sites.
We have a key position available for a Teaching Administrator/Assistant Director - Veterinary Technology to provide administrative and clinical support to the Director of the Vet Tech program. Specific responsibilities include coordinating staff and students in the clinical activities of the program; managing the clinical requirements for on/off-site facilities including co-ops; and providing instruction (12 contact hours per semester), assisting and supervising students.
- Graduation from an AVMA accredited Veterinary Technology or Animal Science Bachelor's degree program (Master's Degree in Education or related field preferred)
- Minimum of three years of classroom instruction
- Minimum five years' experience as a clinical veterinary technician with a licensed veterinarian; anesthesia experience required: experience in clinical management preferred
- Experience in demonstrating basic and intermediate levels of animal care for various species including nursing skills, mathematics, radiology, anesthesia techniques required; knowledge of care and maintenance of veterinary equipment required
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and with veterinary software and online CE programs
This is a full-time, twelve-month affiliated administrative position. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. To apply visit https://jobs.camdencc.edu/postings/4991 for full job description and application.
Camden County College is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer that values diversity in its faculty, staff and student body.