Clinical Nursing Simulation Lab Specialist
Do you have a passion for helping nursing students and a desire to be part of an innovative simulation program? Chamberlain's sophisticated SIMCARE CENTER facilities closely replicate hospital and clinical settings. The nursing skills laboratories feature high-tech training equipment including patient monitoring, birthing simulators and physical assessment exam tables. Many of our students point to their experience in the SIMCARE CENTER as the first time they felt like a “real nurse.” During simulated scenarios, students are challenged to react in real-time to patient scenarios and are empowered to take the lead in the care of their patient. The Clinical Learning Lab Specialist, reporting to the Manager, SIMCARE Center, will assume the following:
- Supports all clinical learning lab and simulated patient care learning experiences for campus and web-based students by assisting deans, assistant deans, program/course coordinators, faculty, and students with appropriate resources to successfully complete evidence-based learning opportunities in simulated patient care environment;
- Supports faculty and College leadership with initiatives involving clinical simulation research and effective teaching strategies in a simulated patient care environment;
- Contributes to the development and continuous improvement of national Standard Operating Procedures through best practice sharing and regular communications with other campus Lab Coordinators and leadership;
- Supports the mission and philosophy of the College and represents the College to clinical agencies, students, and the community through lab and simulation scheduling and collaborative efforts.
- Facilitates lab resources, including human patient simulation equipment and supplies.
- Supports students and professionals to achieve clinical learning in simulated patient care environment.
- Prepares and maintains labs and simulated patient care environments with equipment, supplies, media, computers, and materials needed to replicate virtual healthcare setting.
- Collaborates with Course Coordinators and faculty to ensure preparation of lab supplies and equipment based on faculty requests and course schedule.
- Assists in developing and implementing detailed clinically- based scenarios for the computerized simulators; operates and maintains computerized simulation equipment.
- Participates in planning and scheduling for students and faculty by ensuring open lab and structured lab utilization times are available and communicated and appropriately resourced.
- Coordinates and supervises students to ensure that lab experiences meet course objectives; provides individual oversight to students for practice and/or remediation on technical skills as requested by faculty and students.
- Collaborates on ordering and maintaining inventory of all lab supplies, equipment, furniture, models, AV equipment, and laboratory manuals; recommends purchase of lab equipment and supplies; and maintains a clean, fully equipped nursing skills and simulations lab.
- Facilitates simulation equipment care and maintenance, including troubleshooting and repair as required.
- Contributes to and attends national lab and simulation forums and conferences as appropriate to prepare and assess lab and simulation operational effectiveness.
- Completes work in a timely manner, including preparing, documenting, and tracking student and faculty lab utilization.
- Coordinates with campus and national leadership to ensure students and faculty have adequate scheduled opportunities for certifications, such as CPR, ACLS, PALS, etc.
- Serves as role model for faculty, staff, and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, attendance, and general professionalism.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing with current BLS CPR and unencumbered RN license.
- BLS CPR instructor certification strongly encouraged; ACLS and/or PALS a plus.
- 3-5 years strong clinical experience in acute patient care and/or emergency or trauma conditions and excellent knowledge and understanding of human pathophysiology.
- Experience with human patient simulators and audio/visual or telemedicine preferred, as well as MS Office.
- Motivated team player with the desire to share creative solutions and best practices.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Position will entail moderate lifting and carrying, walking, sitting and standing for up to 8 hours; working with technology, including electrical power, compressed gases, knowledge of case scenarios using simulation software; and irregular work hours.
- Overnight travel may be required for attendance at conferences and/or training.