Campus Visit Coordinator
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Campus Visit Coordinator. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Campus Visits and Events, the Campus Visit Coordinator will be responsible for creating an exemplary campus visit experience for prospective students, families and educators. The campus visit experience at Lynn University takes a highly individualized and personalized approach to showcasing the university's academic, cultural, social and athletic environments to visitors. The campus visit program plays a vital role in the success of the Office of Admission and has been recognized nationally in University Business, Inside Higher Ed and the New York Times
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the daily campus visit program for prospective students, families and educators.
- Assist with the programming and execution of individual and group visits to campus.
- Create personalized and comprehensive visit itineraries for prospective students that include meetings with staff of the Office of Admission, deans, faculty, university staff and current students.
- Assist in coordinating special events for the Office of Admission.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to ensure a dynamic and engaging visit experience for varying audiences.
- Manage campus visit experience inventory.
- Assist in hiring, training and managing the Student Admission Ambassador (SAA) program comprised of 100+ students.
- Collect data on all visitors to campus to help determine new strategies to enhance the yield of the campus visit program.
- Consistently raise the awareness of the importance of the campus visit experience among campus community members.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, organizational and programming skills.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively articulate university programs and offerings to prospective students.
- Skilled at interacting and communicating with varying audiences in small and large settings.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled at efficiently and effectively solving problems independently.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; planning and organizing multiple projects.
- Ability to learn and apply institutional policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and ability to become familiar with recruitment software programs.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required. Candidates with a master's degree preferred.
- Two years of progressive admission and higher education experience preferred.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.