Senior Communications Specialist
The position will develop and execute comprehensive and strategic communications strategies and programs to achieve business growth objectives by enhancing the image and reputation of the university and its brand among students, employees, the healthcare industry and the community. Reporting to the Director, Internal Communications, the position works with internal national stakeholders to design, develop, and produce communications required to support internal departments, campuses, and stakeholders.
- Define and create necessary communication vehicles such as newsletters, email communications, and university magazine content.
- Work with internal departments (including national stakeholders) to implement coordinated and planned communications and to provide oversight of communications to ensure consistency of messaging and alignment with defined institutional objectives.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to create content required in executing various marketing programs.
- Help plan and write email marketing campaigns for prospective students.
- Assist in content development and updates on the Chamberlain website.
- Incorporate and proliferate a consistent brand message across all internal communications initiatives.
- Liaise with stakeholders institution-wide to optimize the intake and development process thereby improving turnaround times while maintaining high quality standards.
- Support Director, Internal Communications, by drafting and/or editing communications as needed.
- Analyze communications initiatives to determine the best ways to optimize future efforts.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field; masters degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in related positions.
- Well developed writing, journalistic and project management skills.
- Strong background in creating and implementing high-level communications plans.
- Previous experience managing internal marketing staff/team.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to collaborate with a variety of colleagues across the organization.
- Strong organizational, logistical and planning skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines while maintaining work quality.
Experience working with third party agencies preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.