Student Information Center Representative
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 47-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 75,000 proud and successful alumni and partners while serving appropriately 17,500 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
SUNY Empire State College seeks a part-time (60%) Student Information Center Representative (State title: Staff Assistant) at our Hartsdale, NY location.
The Student Information Center (SIC) Representative handles high volume of inquiries ranging from students to members of the college community. The SIC Representative will be responsible for responding to those inquiries, taking ownership, researching using appropriate technology, and proactively following up. The selected incumbent will serve as the voice of SUNY Empire State College as well as a resource for support and information.
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of one-year customer service or related experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to multi-task and have the ability to work in a setting that promotes both teamwork and independence
- Microsoft Office tools and keyboarding skills
- Call center experience
- Experience in a higher education setting with Banner
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software
- Experience with Microsoft 365 suite
- May involve occasional travel
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
- Work hours: Two days per week from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and one day from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Applications Due by: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security