Associate Director, Graduate Admission Operations, SONHP
Associate Director, Graduate Admission Operations, SONHP
University of San Francisco
The Associate Director of Graduate Admission Operations will direct graduate admissions operations at SONHP and will carry out duties and responsibilities independently. This position enables the SONHP Dean's Office to serve students, applicants, and faculty more effectively. The Associate Director will work closely with the Director of Enrollment Management at SONHP, the Office of Graduate Admission, the Registrar's Office, academic departments, faculty, administrators and students and will manage business processes and technological or other organizational changes to continuously improve admission department functionality. The Associate Director supervises the maintenance of applicant and student records, collaborates with the enrollment management team, prepares and customizes data for faculty and departmental use, and ensures all data is compliant with University policy. In this capacity, the Associate Director serves as an important liaison between students, faculty and the Graduate Admissions office and must therefore be prepared to attend regular meetings, communicate with various departments as needed, and show initiative in anticipating and responding to program needs based on awareness of routine and repeated job functions.
Application Management & Review
- Manage and maintain daily operations of the SONHP Admissions Office by establishing procedures for processing applications and admission decisions for graduate programs, including application verification, assignment to faculty review, preparation of admission packets, applicant response, admission decision entry into ApplyYourself, tracking tuition deposits, and receipt and verification of final transcripts; includes processing of both domestic and international students
- Establish and maintain admission process guidelines, providing training for staff and faculty as necessary
- Maintain updated information on admission requirements and procedures at the University, college and department levels as well as prerequisite information for prospective graduate students; interpret and implement school admissions policies and procedures
- Supervises the Graduate Admissions Assistant to process applications throughout the application cycle, paying special attention to troubleshooting any issues delaying completeness, review, or enrollment
- Develops processes to maintain data and documents for online application and admission processing on four systems - Hobsons AY, Hobsons AppReview, Hobson’s Connect, and Banner
- Manage the development, maintenance and enhancement of the online application and review systems for graduate admissions
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends prospect database software, application software, and application review software
- Work with Admissions Committee representatives and faculty readers to - Develop and implement processes for online vendor communication to ensure timely review of applications, proper functioning of data feeds, and other system issues that may arise
- Hire, manage, train and schedule student assistants for admission and application processing and prospective student events and communications
- Establish testing and training protocols for new application software products
- Other projects as requested by the supervisor
Communication & Recruitment
- Develop, implement and review communication plan for applicants, including yearly evaluation and updates
- Provide ongoing communication with a customer service focus to prospects, applicants, and admitted students to SONHP graduate programs, as well as SONHP staff and faculty
Data Management & Reporting
- Work with the SONHP Director of Enrollment Management to analyze trends
- Work with SONHP Director of Enrollment Management in order to better track and engage students throughout the admissions pipeline
- Develop and implement processes for coordination, generation and review of weekly reports on admission and office activities
- Generate reports requested by SONHP Department staff and faculty
- Master’s degree preferred; BA/BS required.
- Three to five years administrative/academic related experience required. Prior experience in graduate admissions or enrollment management preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite or similar programs. Detail oriented and highly organized, with ability to balance competing priorities. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and client relationship skills.
- Ability to travel for recruitment purposes to conferences and other events as needed.
- Understands academic and graduate student affairs, complex departmental and divisional academic functions, and student services.
- Demonstrates expertise in admission and college academic requirements at accredited colleges and universities.
- Able to effectively prioritize and work on multiple tasks with concurrent deadlines and demonstrate excellent time management skills and efficiency.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.