Job Title: Research Analyst, Full-time
Department: Planning, Marketing, and Assessment
Pay Grade: 10 ($45,148-$60,648)
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position completes mandated governmental reports for the College, coordinates survey processes, analyzes institutional data, and prepares data for inclusion in other reports or publications. It reports to the Director, Institutional Research.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises survey process for institutional and national surveys.
- Completes mandated Federal and State reports on behalf of the institution; monitors agency communications for impending changes to reporting requirements; plans and implements new reporting requirements.
- Tracks data for institutional assessment and maintains the Institutional Effectiveness Planning and Assessment Data Book; collaborates with other College staff, especially Information Technology, to facilitate data collection and to insure data integrity for all required reporting.
- Performs data analysis to support research and planning activities using appropriate software and statistical techniques.
- Prepares and edits spreadsheets and graphs for inclusion in printed reports or presentations, and for web publication.
- Develops survey instruments, determines the appropriate method of administration, plans and facilitates survey administration, analyzes collected survey data, and creates and disseminates summaries
- Collaborates with various faculty and/or staff to develop customized surveys to fulfill specific needs.
- Responds to external surveys.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor’s degree. At least three years of related experience including experience with statistical analysis software.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of descriptive statistics, research design, and data analysis. .
- Knowledge of database software and MS Office Suite.
- Familiarity with optical mark recognition and web survey software preferred.
The work is normally sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Mental Acuity
- Repetitive Motion
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety
precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe
workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing with highly technical applications; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; and observance of traffic signals when driving.
This position will be placed on the 12 month, Grade 10, college salary scale. Actual salary placement based on education and experience. Position includes excellent fringe benefit package.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter must include minimum salary expectation. Applicant materials must be emailed to the email address in this advertisement or be post-marked by May 11, 2018 to: Carroll Community College, Human Resources, 1601 Washington Road, Westminster, MD 21157.
Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.