Program Administrative Assistant
Program Administrative Assistant-1800978
Required Qualifications: (As Evidenced by an Attached Resume)
High school diploma/GED. Three (3) years of progressively responsible full-time administrative support experience that includes working in Word and Excel, organizing and scheduling meetings along with managing multiple calendars. Strong literacy, numeracy, and computer proficiency required. The ideal candidate will be a proven self-starter, multitasker, problem solver, and have experience interacting and working with upper-level executives/managers with a high degree of professionalism, integrity, discretion and tact. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. Superior written, oral, follow-up, and organizational skills are essential.
Some college course experience in a business or related field preferred. Experience with Power Point, graphics software, database software and social media, coordinating large documents from numerous sources, making travel arrangements and processing them for management. Overseeing, maintaining and ordering office supplies inventory. Knowledge of Stony Brook University procedures and practices such as preparing and processing purchase requisitions.
Brief Description of Duties:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the administrative assistant provides diverse administrative and project support in the development and execution of all Center for Biotechnology programs and activities. The right candidate is expected to schedule meetings, arrange for catering, make local and national travel arrangements, work with databases, and assist at special events.
- Provide general administrative support to management and operations staff and directly interact with senior executives. Coordinate schedules, meetings, and follow up. Inventory and order general office supplies. Schedule travel and complete expense and reimbursement forms. Draft routine correspondence. Coordinate routine mailings and maintain database.
- Provide direct administrative support for Center programs including technology, business, and workforce development initiatives. Conduct internet searches, compile summary reports, conduct basic analysis. Coordinate, execute, and follow-up on basic event logistics and tasks.
- Assist in the collection and assembly of data in support of grants management function. Interact with all sponsors and university departmental personnel as needed. Follow up on outstanding issues. Support new grant submissions.
- Serve as backup to existing staff and participate in special projects as needed.
- Interact with building management and other tenants to address HVAC, security, and other issues.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree. About Stony Brook: Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore. Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff. SBU is a comprehensive research-intensive university and a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), which includes 34 public universities among its 62 members. SBU consists of 12 schools and colleges and a teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art healthcare in the Long Island region. SBU also manages and performs joint research with Brookhaven National Laboratory, the only Department of Energy Laboratory in the Northeast, and shares doctoral programs with Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a world-renowned molecular biology institute. Home to the Emerson String Quartet, the Jackson Pollock House in East Hampton, New York, the Humanities Institute, and the Southampton Arts Program, and with endeavors that extend to the Turkana Basin Institute in Kenya and the Ranomafana National Park in Madagascar, SBU sustains an international reputation that cuts across the arts, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans. If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Administrative Assistant I
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Center for Biotechnology-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30am-5:00pmCenter for Biotechnology-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Apr 12, 2018
Posting End Date: Apr 26, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary Grade: N6