Network Security Specialist
The University’s Information Security Office oversees the security of the University’s electronic information. The Information Security Office is responsible for coordinating and ensuring Information Security across the University in a manner that is consistent with industry best practices and the University’s compliance obligations. To meet these objectives, the Information Security Office develops information security policies and oversees the implementation of strategic information security initiatives for the University.
The Network Security Specialist assists with the coordination of information security activities and collaborates among divisions within the University to ensure that information systems are implemented in accordance with a) the mission of UNC-Chapel Hill, b) information security best practices and c) University Policy and Federal and State laws and regulations. This position primarily focuses on intrusion prevention and intrusion detection systems, firewalls and other network security related services
Primary duties include:
• Enterprise firewall operations, technical support, troubleshooting and service requests
• Enterprise intrusion prevention and intrusion detection systems (IPS/IDS) operations, technical support, troubleshooting and service requests
• Providing network security related consulting for both internal departmental technical teams and university-wide customers with a diverse range of technical knowledge and experience
•Network security solutions, planning and consulting in support of cloud services/SaaS, related implementations and technical support for customers and organizational units utilizing cloud services
Additional duties include:
•IT service management, processing and optimal resolution of information security-related service requests, problems and incidents
•Functioning as a member of the Information Security Office on information security related projects
• Change plan creation, management, adherence to required enterprise processes, communications and consulting when needed by the enterprise change advisory board
•Onboarding of new firewall customers, information security focused service level agreements and conducting regular firewall rules reviews with technical points of contacts across the enterprise
•Network security strategic planning and design under the technical leadership of the Network Security Team Lead
•Operations, design and collaboration with key partners who provide networking services to the enterprise
•Point of contact for customers, stakeholders and Information Security Liaisons requesting consulting in the area of network security
The position requires occasional participation in the 24/7 on-call rotation and other team-shared duties such as business hours telephone coverage.
This position calls for a high level of integrity, good judgement, knowledge concerning issues of privacy and confidentiality, excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work as an independent, productive, responsible, self-motivated member of a team in high pressure situations while maintaining a calm, customer-friendly perspective.
•Experience in an information security role with enterprise network intrusion prevention, network intrusion detection, and firewall services.
• Proven history of providing security services in partnership with network teams and subject matter experts.
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP and routing
Demonstrated Technical Skills Desired:
• Palo Alto Networks Firewall or equivalent next-generation firewall platforms
• Trend Micro Tipping Point IPS
• Experience providing network security services for customers working with HIPAA regulated data and systems
• Extensive knowledge of networking protocols and ports
• Operating systems knowledge and systems administration skills for various flavors of Linux/UNIX
• Providing network security related services and support for clients utilizing Office 365, AWS and/or other cloud services
• Working knowledge and/or hands on experience network design, architecture and support of network devices
• Networking monitoring tools and reporting
• SIEM software such as Splunk or similar solutions
• Experience providing professional IT services in higher education
• Project management and the creation of status and/or metrics focused reports
• Familiarity with information security best practices, related laws and regulation relevant to information security
Interpersonal Skills Desired:
• Proven history of building strong rapport and positive working relationships with teammates, colleagues, customers and stakeholders
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts, policies, and procedures to individuals with a wide range of expertise and backgrounds, strong skills in active listening and working positively with others with varying experience and knowledge in network security
• Ability to work as an independent, productive, responsible, self-motivated, optimistic and collegial member of a team.
• Good judgment with the ability to form logical approaches consistent with information security best practices in response to information security events, while providing excellent customer service
• A high level of integrity, excellent judgement and knowledge concerning issues of privacy and confidentiality
• Ability to work calmly and effectively. Proven ability to make well-reasoned decisions in high pressure situations while maintaining an objective and independent point of view
• Data center and/or TAC and/or SOC operations
• Ability to manage time-sensitive security challenges as they arise, effectively utilizing work and project plans to manage deadlines
• Persuasion, negotiation, and the ability to understand and implement cultural change
• Creativity to recognize and address new threats and security challenges as they arise and the ability to quickly develop advanced technical skills and knowledge
Other Preferred Skills or Certifications:
• Professional certifications such as CISSP, GSEC or other information security certifications
• CCNA or other network administration related certifications
• Palo Alto ACE or the ability to obtain
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or an Information Security degree or closely related field from an appropriately accredited institution; or Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in IT Security or closely related area; or an Associate’s degree in Information Systems Security from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in IT Security or closely related area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Information Technology Services: http://its.unc.edu/
Interested applicants must go to the UNC-CH job search page to apply for this position:
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.