Senior Salesforce Developer
The Office of Information Technology welcomes applications for Senior Salesforce Developer. This position serves as a core senior SFDC developer and provides constituent relationship management (CRM) Saleforce.com and related products' technical expertise and enterprise analysis and development to the Enterprise CRM program. Duties include technical design, coding, delivery, and improvement of Salesforce.com (SFDC) projects and applications, and technical processes related to those applications. This position will report into Development and Architecture group that is responsible for all of OIT software development. In doing this, this position will matrix into the CRM Program and will work closely with the CRM Solutions and Analysis team to translate requirements into SFDC technical solutions, analyze technical processes, provide technical support and guidance, and facilitate problem identification and solutions. This position will also leverage existing Enterprise CRM and CU/OIT shared technical infrastructure, methods and data, including enterprise processes, systems and integrations. This position may also establish development guidelines and standards for new campus SFDC applications/services.
Who we are:
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University's academic, research and service missions. We're located in the heart of the beautiful CU Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OIT video.
What your key responsibilities will be:
CRM Enterprise Development & Implementation
- Serve in a technical capacity for major CRM projects and initiatives.
- Work with CRM business analysts, solution architects and operations to design, document, and present options and to implement solutions.
- Develop, maintain, create, and improve validation rules, custom workflows, Visualforce pages, Apex customizations, custom objects, fields, and formulas.
- Recommend, implement, test, and deploy new Apex classes and triggers.
- Perform automated data imports, programmatic data mapping, and data transformation using best practices and tools.
- Execute hands-on software development and unit testing.
- Perform configuration and customization of the Salesforce.com platform.
- Utilize best practices for continuous build, release, enhancements, bug fixes as needed to the Salesforce.com platform.
- Provide technical assistance via the operations team for end user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and "how-to" assistance.
- Work with University's shared technical environment, campus IT architecture, best practices from peer institutions and industry, and implement technologies and services.
- Identify, recommend, and execute changes to development processes, system configurations, and other aspects of the Salesforce.com/CRM service.
- Help operations team to develop and execute functional and regression testing, training and documentation.
Technical Analysis and Support
- Analyze manual and automated systems and processes.
- Study and translate business requirements by developing technical solutions, analyzing data flows and processes, and incorporating business policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Analyze disparate information systems and develop technical solutions for integrating the systems as required.
- Work with CRM business analyst to learn business requirements and turn those into technical.
Professional Development and Proficiency Maintenance
- Maintain proficiency, SFDC, and other related technical certifications, and acquire knowledge on development processes and best practices regarding delivering development services to a university campus taking online trainings, attending conferences, seminars and classes, participating in discussions with colleagues and peer institutions.
What we can offer:
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be collaborative. Be informed. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in computer science, computer information systems, or related field. A combination of education and/or related experience may be substituted for the degree on a year for year basis.
- At least 3 years of software development in Salesforce.com/CRM and in and object-oriented programming, participation in each phase of full Salesforce.com life-cycle implementations.
- At least 2 years of experience in web front end programming (Javacript) and web services backend development (Java).
- At least 2 of Apex/VisualForce/SOQL experience.
- Certified Salesforce Developer (ADM401) or at least four years of Developer experience.
- Experience integrating development with modern deployment and release processes (e.g., agile; continuous integration; Jenkins; Git).
- Experience using Salesforce data tools (e.g., Data Loader, Eclipse Force.com IDE).
What you will need:
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Handles multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
What we'd like you to have:
- Certified Salesforce.com Advanced Administrator (ADM-211 or ADM-301) or equivalent experience.
- Certified Force.com Advanced Developer (DEV-501) or equivalent experience.
- Salesforce.com Communities experience.
- Experience of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL (Such as Informatica, Boomi, etc.) with Salesforce.com.
- Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.)
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by March 18, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at [email protected]. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-12797.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10948 - OIT-Administration
Posting Date: Mar 2, 2018
Closing Date: Mar 18, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00726708