UNIV SVC PRG ASSOC
JOB NO.: 104476-US
Work Type: Staff-Part Time
Department: L&S/MEADWITTER SCHOOL OF MUSIC
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support, Instructional Design, Office & Administrative Support
Employment Class: University Staff-Ongoing
Position Vacancy ID: 104476
Working Title: UNIV SVC PRG ASSOC
Official Title: UNIV SVC PRG ASSOC(08500)
Hiring Department: A486000-COL OF LETTERS & SCIENCE/MEADWITTER SCHOOL OF MUSIC
Term: This is an Ongoing appointment
Starting pay is based on experience, with a minimum starting rate of $15.42 an hour.
This position in the Mead Witter School of Music (SoM) is a 50 - 58% appointment that:
- Administers the department's complex instructional program and ensures that instructional support services are in place to meet the needs of the students, teaching assistants (TAs), instructional academic staff and faculty.
- Interfaces with facilities management staff to ensure the availability of appropriate space, given the very specific space needs required of music instruction.
- Manages the registration, timetable, and electronic course evaluations processes every semester for multiple courses with approximately 400 sections taught.
- Assists with future curricular planning including the development of tradition and non-traditional course formats, Summer Session offerings and undergraduate certificates.
- Maintains budgetary accountability for the increasingly important summer session offerings, purchasing supplies and equipment for the SoM.
Schedule will be between 50-58% (up to 23.25 hrs/wk). On site Mon-Thurs 10:00 am - 3:00 pm & Fri 10:00 am - 1:15 pm.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process.
For questions on the position contact: Jeanne Engerman, [email protected] or (608) 263-5972
To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three professional references, including your current supervisor. References will not be contacted without advance notice.
Cover letters will be used as a writing sample and to determine the best qualified applicants. Thus, your cover letter should address your qualifications as they pertain to this position including your work experience in the following, if applicable, and where it was performed:
- Proficiency using MS Windows operating systems (Excel, Word), and database software.
- Cash handling and financial experience (e.g., managing a budget, in purchasing)
- Experience interpreting and implementing complex information, policies, and/or procedures.
- Experience working independently in a fast-paced environment meeting pressing deadlines.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Probationary Period will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Apr 12 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: May 10 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time