Registrar - 165001
Is this an internal posting only?
Mon - Fri, 8:00a - 5:00p
The Registrar's Office provides support services to faculty, staff, students and other constituents in the areas of academic programs
and degree requirements, course scheduling, enrollment, degree
verification, graduation, athletic eligibility and maintenance of
student academic records, as well as handles state and federal
The Registrar's Office is seeking to hire a Registrar Assistant to provide administrative support in the area of Student Services.
* The incumbent will maintain and update permanent academic
records of current and former students.
* The incumbent will post evaluated nontraditional and transfer credit to students' records, post special titles and messages to permanent records, and process grade changes and tuition rebate requests.
* The Registrar Assistant will calculate and correct academic status as appropriate and will also perform clerical and receptionist duties involving proper handling of phone calls, visitors, and answering general questions regarding all Student Services in the Office of the Registrar.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
High school diploma/GED equivalent and two years of general office or clerical experience. Substitution of education for experience allowed. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Skill in telephone etiquette and courteous communication with public, verbally and in writing, evaluating facts or situation to route calls/customers appropriately.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Basic MS Office skills.
* Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including personal computers, telephones and copiers, filing and recordkeeping, English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation, and basic math.
* Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Quality customer service skills, responsible, dependable, and
* Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
* Dedication to customer satisfaction by providing timely and
* Flexibility to change tasks quickly
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting