Education Consultant - Assistant Director of Admissions, Transfer Recruitment
Position Title: Education Consultant - Assistant Director of Admissions, Transfer Recruitment
Position Number: 001430
Full-time or Part-time: Full Time
Posting Number: 0401679
Job Category: Staff
Hiring Range: $49,285 - $56,692
Minimum salary: $35,648
Maximum salary: $95,180
Overall Position Competency: Journey
Description of primary duties and responsibilities:
This position is being re-advertised. All previous applicants are still under consideration and do not need to re-apply.
Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The primary purpose of the office of admission is to strategically and aggressively recruit and admit students who will ultimately enroll at Fayetteville State University. To meet this goal the office will encourage students to apply who are from a wide range of geographic, religious, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. In doing so, the office is ethically bound to truthfully represent FSU by providing accurate and updated information to prospective students, their families and guidance counselors. Also, the office will work very closely with alumni and other constituencies to support respective recruitment efforts. In all of the recruitment endeavors the office of admission value and promote excellent customer service.
Description of Work Continued:
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Working under the supervision of the Senior Assistant Director of Admission/Transfer Coordinator, the Assistant Director of Admissions, Transfer Recruitment will assist in meeting institutional enrollment goals for transfer students. This person will be responsible for the evaluation of traditional and non-traditional applicants' academic credentials as well as manage a recruitment process for prospective transfer students. (Including recruitment, marketing strategies, relationship building, application review and extensive travel). Responsible for monitoring and replying to all correspondence in the Admissions e-mail Inbox. Additional responsibilities include assistance in operational assignments as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree or higher required, experience working in a higher education environment. Thorough knowledge of admissions processes, policies & procedures as they relate to transfer credit evaluation.
Knowledge skills and abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to work independently and accomplish multiple tasks
• Knowledge of college academic offerings & support systems
• Computer literate and proficient in use of MS Office Professional Suite and Banner;
• Must have outstanding writing, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must be detailed and goal oriented;
• Must be extremely flexible and have the ability to adapt to change
• Outstanding ability to communicate effectively, patiently, calm, specifically in a higher education environment/community;
• Ability to process student information in designated student info system
• Ability to collaborate as a team member;
• Ability to work with diverse populations;
• Must be able to make independent judgments and take initiative whenever needed
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Must have a commitment to exemplary customer service
Closing Date: 04/26/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education?
- High school graduate, diploma or the equivalent
- Some college credit, no degree
- Associate degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Professional/Graduate degree
- * Please describe your experience and knowledge regarding admissions processes as well as policies and procedures as they relate to transfer credit evaluation.
(Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.