Director of TRIO-Student Success Program*
Department: Student Success Program
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Oct 18, '17
Ref No.: NUP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
The Director of the TRIO Student Success Program (SSP) is responsible for providing leadership, and programmatic and financial management for the SSP TRIO Program to achieve the program's mission and goals as required by the Department of Education (DOE). This includes program development and implementation, development and management of the financial budget, responsibility for organizational design and staff supervision and the development and implementation of, policies and procedures in a manner consistent with the regulations of the DOE Grant. This position reports directly to the Dean of Academic Support & College Pathway Programs. The Director also serves as the TRIO Student Support Services liaison for Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) and the Federal Department of Education.
- Establish annual goals and operational plans for the Program based on DOE Regulations and BHCC goals
- Identify, design and direct new and revised services in a manner consistent with SSS program authorizing legislation and regulations, and College long-term strategies. Ensure that program activities adhere to all DOE guidelines and BHCC policy to ensure the Program is within compliance pertaining to financial management, administration and programming.
- Outreach to college departments and liaison activities with US Department of Education.
- Initiate, develop and cultivate relationships and partnerships with College community members to support students in the TRIO program.
- Design and implement initiatives to increase visibility and awareness of the Program.
- Oversee the work of the TRIO staff and direct the team's professional development
- Master's Degree in Education, Counseling, Administration, Psychology or closely related field
- Experience in project, grant or budget management
- Experience working with economically and academically disadvantaged students, as well as students with learning and physical disabilities
- Proven ability to work with diverse student, faculty and staff populations
- Demonstrated management experience in a college environment and strong collaborative leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience with TRIO grants and programs
- Experience in developing teamwork, collaboration, and effective conflict resolution
- Experience in public speaking and workshop facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to relate well with students, faculty, staff and administration
- Excellent organizational, verbal and communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office and student information retrieval databases
- Experience working in a unionized environment
*(TRIO Student Support Services Grant funded by the Federal Department of Education; Grant-funded through 8/31/2020)
Salary Range: $70,000.00-$75,000.00
Effective Date: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To Ensure Consideration All Application Materials Must Be Received By November 2, 2017.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required Qualifications to: https://bhcc.interviewexchange.com. Fax transcript files over 2 MB to (617)-228-3328.