UK Healthcare is currently looking for an Echocardiology Technician to perform
accurate and quality diagnostic adult cardiac exams in accordance with ICAEL
guidelines. This person will have a good understanding of ultrasound equipment,
accurate knowledge of medical terminology, as well as the cardiac disease process.
They will be expected to perform accurate measurements and calculations, properly
obtain data to disseminate and provide for physician interpretation.
H3130:Gill Heart Institute
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as
stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve
exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp
7:30am-5:30pm rotating weekends and some holidays.
The ideal candidate will have an Allied Health degree;ARDMS certification; RDCS or
RCS; experience performing echocardiograms and stress testing in a patient care
center; general computer skills (to include Microsoft Office); and strong customer
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Registered in Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography and 5 years of experience in performing diagnostic cardiac echo exams preferred.
Deadline to Apply
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience with strain, tissue Doppler and 3D imaging?
- * Do you have experience providing sonographer reports in echo report generating programs?
- * How many years of paid employment experience do you have performing diagnostic cardiac echo exams?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter